Our client is currently looking for a full-time and experienced PHP back-end developer (m/f/x) that will be the first and leading developer of an Amsterdam-based startup lead by ex-Uber and ex-Facebook employees. You will take the lead in developing the product from the ground up, while working according to the latest standards and you take pride in delivering nothing but high-quality PHP code, and know your way around in MySQL and APIs.
To be very clear: this job posting is not with madewithlove, but instead with one of our clients whom we consciously chose to work with.
They are an early-stage company located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, pioneering in the health and beauty industry. They are backed by a global leader in cosmetics and a venture capital fund. You will find out more details about the client during the recruitment process.
You must live in Europe to work as a remote freelancer. If you live in The Netherlands, we can offer you a contract as an employee.
What will you be doing?
- You will be writing modern PHP code while understanding that continuous refactoring is part of the job. You have a critical and pragmatic approach to guard over the quality of the code.
- You review the technical architecture of the platform and make the right choices on technologies we should (not) use.
- You'll be responsible for implementing automatic testing because you understand it’s an integral part of delivering high-quality features.
- You maintain and improve CI/CD pipelines to ensure a steady and stable release pace.
- You collaborate with a small team of top-notch engineers and aim to improve others as much as yourself.
- You implement and maintain development processes.