At Applied Medical, we are committed to make a meaningful, positive difference, each and every day. Within our European headquarters in Amersfoort (NL), we develop, manufacture, and support the implementation of our advanced medical devices across Europe and the MENA region. Applied’s team members enjoy working in an environmentally friendly and international environment, in which people of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged, and acknowledged. We support our team members by giving them opportunities for ongoing learning and education, possibilities to take part in community volunteering activities, and a variety of onsite exercise classes and health activities.
If you are passionate about working in an organization that allows you to make decisions based upon what is right for the patient, customer, community, and environment, Applied Medical is the place for you.
Do you have experience with contract administration and document management as a Paralegal? Consider joining our legal department at Applied Medical’s European headquarters in Amersfoort! As a motivated and self-sufficient Corporate Paralegal you will handle paralegal tasks, as well as coordinate the operations of the legal department. You will be responsible for providing operational support to our legal department, including administration and finances. This role requires advanced organization skills in order to create and follow processes. You are detailed-oriented, accurate and you can work independently.
You will report to the Senior Counsel of the Europe/MENA legal department at Applied’s European headquarters in Amersfoort, Netherlands.
Within Applied Medical this position has the internal job title of Paralegal.
- Contract administration and document management
- Prepare formatted templates for common document types (contracts, NDA’s, statements, government submissions, minutes of meetings/calls, letters etc.)
- Tracking external legal spending against internal approvals, budgets, and estimates
- Finalize and execute complex legal documents based on content authored by the legal counsel
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence for the legal department
- Assist with distribution and filing of legal documents
- Monitor agreements, progresses and processes with external partners
- Liaise with administrative and finance departments of external service providers over routine financial matters etc.
- Bachelor work- and thinking capabilities
- Legal secretary diploma (or within legal administration) OR 5 years of work experience in a similar position
- Understanding of legal jargon and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters
- Fluency English is essential, both written and spoken
- Fluency in Dutch, Italian or any other European language is an advantage
- Familiarity with software programs such as Word, PPT, XLS, Adobe, document management programs and e-discovery tools
- Ability to implement and use systems where they are currently lacking
- Process oriented and well organized
- Accuracy with respect to text and figures
- Good remuneration package including pension and 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance and health insurance benefits
- Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning
- Education reimbursement program
- An informal and international work environment with over 35 nationalities
- Teambuilding and volunteer opportunities
- Onsite group exercise classes and health activities
Are you an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and professional, yet casual business environment? We are looking forward to receiving your application. For more information regarding our hiring process, click here.