NXP Semiconductors N.V. enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 30,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $9.41 billion in 2018.
Package Innovation (PI) is an organization under NXP Corporate Technology Office that delivers IC packaging solutions and new packaging technology for all NXP products. Package Design team is a centralized function under PI that responsible for global NXP package design solution.
- Responsible for IC package design (BGA - FlipChip and Wirebond, and leadframe) in accordance with industry standards and customers’ specifications. Specifically supporting NXP Business Line (BL) Infotainment and Driver Assistance (IDA). BL-IDA is NXP business line that provides solutions for advanced driver assistance, including radar and V2X, as well as infotainment solutions for the full spectrum of radio and amplifiers.
- Work closely with BL to implement package layout and with BL and PI EM teams on package layout optimization for electrical performance.
- Work with assembly team and substrate suppliers for spec review and provide technical consultation on substrate or leadframe related issues as needed.
- Utilize package / die co-design tool for design for manufacturability.
- Work closely with the assembly sites to ensure that the design rules and standard notes are updated consistent with the existing process manufacturability.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above/Professional qualification in Mechanical/Material, Electrical Engineering or equivalent years of experience is acceptable
- Knowledgeable of IC Package substrate fabrication and assembly
- Design experience on wirebond BGA substrates, five years experience is a minimum. Experience with design of FlipChip BGA substrates is desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of best design practices for routing high speed signals and differential pairs is required
- Experience with Cadence Advance Package Designer and AutoCAD required, PCB Layout experience using Cadence Allegro will be considered
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing proficiency is required
- Good English written and oral communication skill is required.
- Service orientated and able to work well with people at all levels with minimum supervision
- Be able to lead/drive technical project professionally.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Good self-discipline & teamwork.
If you are as excited about this opportunity as we are, we kindly invite you to apply. After a screening based on your profile, you can be expected to have a phone interview with our Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by several business interviews