Responsible for managing the daily safety and operations at the site ensuring alignment to the overall Operations strategy and annual business plan for the P&L. In this position you will report into the General Manager with a 'dotted' line into the EMEA Operations Director.
Univar Solutions is a global partner to our customers and suppliers for the value-added distribution of chemistry and related products and services. We are a committed ally, with the capabilities and know-how to help their business run smoothly, and the expertise to help them anticipate, navigate and leverage meaningful growth opportunities.
- Site operations (~40 FTE), the site area and contacts with the local community
- Prepare and control the site operations budget.
- Prepare and execute the site capex budget, with a focus on Safety and Innovation
- Improve profitability and operating effectiveness and ensure effective control of costs, lead-times, service and inventory.
- Report on established KPI´s and deploy actions to achieve them
- Understand and keep abreast of market and industrial trends
- Participate or lead the audits related to the site
- Lead and develop direct reports, including setting targets and objectives. Review performance against agreed objectives
- Ensure effective recruitment of employees and monitor that they receive appropriate induction and training
- Ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities to comply with current GDP guidelines for Drug Products and API's
- Ensure a high standard of EHS for staff, equipment and surroundings and Lead on all matters concerned with Health, Safety, Training, Legislation and the Environment
- Lead through active involvement to ensure compliance to Statutory requirements, Quality procedures, GDP Policies and Procedures Responsible care, Insurance requirements, and Company policy statements including employment and disciplinary procedures
- Maintain the safety and security of the site
- Work closely together with the other operations functions for the site related business (Supply Chain and Transport) and member of the Management Team for the Business/P&L.
- Previous experience of at least 6 years within operational site mandatory
- Extensive people management skills, to be able to lead and direct staff, deal with difficult employee situations, and maintain a productive and disciplined working environment.
- Experience in project management would be an advantage
- Experience in managing budgets and the ability to identify cost savings
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance. Good knowledge in chemical products. Business oriented, convincing, reliable and service oriented
- Understanding of Health and Safety and Security regulations with the ability to apply them in the workplace
- Experience in working in a multi-national company or matrix organization would be an advantage
An outstanding primary and secondary benefits package!