Our clientis a global logistics and transportation company that specializes in bespoke supply chain solutions, e-fulfilment and transportation by air, sea and road.
The core of the company’s culture centres on freedom, responsibility, performance and people development. They put their people first, with tailored training and development, market benefits as well as freedom to make decisions in your areas of responsibility; that is why people enjoy working for them.
They offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience with good career prospects within the Group.
Position Title Operations Manager NL
Reports to Director Supply Chain Europe
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
As Manager Operations NL you’ll be leading on the supply chain strategy and be responsible for its implementation across their locations in The Netherlands. You’ll drive continuous performance improvement and create competitive advantage by enabling value across the whole supply chain, through innovative operational delivery, thought leadership and strategic partnerships. The role will be a hybrid role where you will have both strategic and operational oversight and accountability.
You will build and manage strong relationships with external business partners to drive increased customer loyalty, accelerate revenue growth, improve profitability and reduce working capital. You’ll be a self-motivated and inspiring, charismatic leader who is passionate about both creating and implementing strategy. Most importantly you’ll be motivated by driving improvement and delivering results
Some of the key Objectives
- Achieving improvements in the operating efficiency and cost base of the supply chain infrastructure by reviewing asset locations and usage, undertake benchmarking and competitive tenders and conduct periodic rate reviews.
- Leading and delivering significant supply chain transformation projects.
- Development and implementation of the supply chain strategy together with budget preparation (along with the Director Supply Chain)
- Building end-to-end supply chain and logistics functions that are synonymous with outstanding customer service, operational excellence and profitability
- Planning activities over an operational time governing smooth inbound flow, storage locations, picking pay face layout as well and picking and pacing capacity
- Develop, implement, maintain the optimum structure within the Logistics Departments/warehouses, with the most suitable arrangement of Managers, Team leaders and operational staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
You will need to have experience and comprehensive knowledge of
- National and international Logistics, 3PL/4PL, especially relating to European operations, incoterms, direct sourcing and freight consolidation
- Running of distribution centre’s.
- Experience in Project Management
- Warehouse Management and ordering systems
- Third party contract negotiations, operational management and account reviews.
- Ability to break down complex issues, providing clear instruction and implementing effective solutions in a dynamic environment.
- Proven success in team management, performance and strategic planning.
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team, leading by example
- Result driven, process driven, communicator
Education and languages
- Degree level (Bachelor Logistics engineering) or equivalent
- Masters degree preferred.
- Fluent in Dutch as well as English.
Please contact email@example.com via e-mail. Please send your CV and letter of introduction as quickly as possible. Please indicate your current salary level and notice period too.
Please note that we will only consider candidates already living and working in the Netherlands and candidates who speak fluent Dutch too.