In this role you will:
- Analyze the industrial processes' performance in collaboration with the operation's manufacturing manager and his team;
- Analyze industrial indicators of performance and report such analysis including recommendations for improvement and/or change
Our client is a large international production company within the FMCG sector, based in the Amsterdam area. In their expertise they are the biggest in the Benelux with entities/plants across the globe.
Area of accountability no.1: Analysis systems, procedures and tools
- To analyze the industrial processes' performance in collaboration with the operation's manufacturing manager and his team;
- To analyze industrial indicators of performance and report such analysis including recommendations for improvement and/or change
- To provide necessary data to follow, analyze and control the performance of industrial processes (purchases, supply, planning, production, inventory, logistics, investments …)
- Perform variance analysis of posted finished goods batches to compare actual cost to "standard" cost of raw materials. Obtain time sheets to compare actual direct labor cost to "standard" direct labor cost.
- Investigate variances and obtain explanations for significant variances at least twice a month.
- Contribute to the optimization of production costs. Help production managers to quantify, put a figure to and analyze each measure to optimize production costs
Area of accountability no.2: Forecast systems, procedures and tools
- Calculate and simulate standard and actual production costs. Calculate the estimated production cost of new products.
- Forecast levels of activities taking into account financial, technical and human means (planning, production control)
Area of accountability no.3: Reporting systems, procedures and tools
- Drafts and monitors the production budget in partnership with the financial and operational managers
- Produce and analyze the manufacturing variance in partnership with the financial and operational managers
- Perform on a quarterly basis inventory valuation based on actual cost
- Prepare overhead rate calculations for all manufacturing facilities based on budgeted overhead and sales.
- Define, ensure consistency and traceability of production costs
- Be involved on the financial control especially for the factory (CAPEX, inventories...)
Area of accountability no.4: Others
- Supports controlling activities done by the finance department, if needed
- Be involved in projects linked to information systems implementation
- University graduate, with a Finance major rather than Accounting;
- International exposure through professional experience, as well as a strong acquaintance with local business financial and accounting practices;
- 4 to 6 years' experience, a significant part of which in a major international company with industrial operations, reputed for its strict financial reporting requirements;
- Current position either an equivalent one i.e. cost or financial controller in an international company;
- Fluent English
- Challenging environment
- Working close with the business and operations
- Business trips abroad
- Excellent primary and secondary benefits