Wat doe je als Offshore Maintenance Engineer GSO bij TenneT?
The Maintenance Engineers play a key role in both the readiness phase and the operational phase of our assets. The readiness role encompasses involvement in the design reviews and in the build phase of new platforms by preparing for and participating in design reviews, systems trainings in close alignment with the Project Team and the Supplier, and in producing maintenance work instructions, providing documentation and information about the new asset to Operations. The operational role of the Maintenance Engineer is to translate the requirements from Asset Management Offshore into work packages and method statements for maintenance by GSO, overseeing that maintenance work is executed in line with the requirements and following up on the performance of the maintenance subcontractor..
Tasks and responsibilities includes:
- Keeping excellent working and reporting relations with the maintenance strategists of Asset Management Offshore and implementing the maintenance strategies;
- Providing input in the design and build process of new assets;
- Preparing and coordinating maintenance work packages on the assets by TenneT personnel, subcontractors and Third Parties;
- Providing key input for maintenance campaign preparation and taking part in campaign planning, reporting and evaluation;
- Managing and coordinating internal and external service providers and Third Parties;
- Keeping asset and operations related data readily available in the systems of GSO;
- An important part of the job is to foster professional collaboration between the colleagues in the Netherlands and Germany and to optimize the results of your area of responsibility.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- A relevant Bachelor diploma in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Naval or Marine Engineering;
- Experienced engineer with a relevant track record of high safety awareness;
- Skilled in planning, organizing, coordinating controlling and reporting maintenance and repair work across a range of disciplines;
- Relevant experience with High Voltage and Low Voltage operations is advantageous;
- Experienced or specialised in maintenance of complex infrastructures – offshore experience is very much advantageous;
- Language skills in Dutch and English, verbal and in writing at level B2 or higher. German language skills are advantageous;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in occupational safety and environmental protection;
- Knowledge of offshore regulatory conditions and legislation;
- Committed team player, no 9 to 5 but can-do mentality, drivers' license B required.
Safety awareness and is essential. An offshore medical examination and a number of required safety trainings must be performed with a positive outcome on a regular basis. This role will require extensive travel, both on land and off shore, will require offshore deployments as well as a First Line Response (storingswachtdienst) role.
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (maximum of EUR 6200,- gross per month) with excellent secondary benefits (39 days off, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,-contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities.You will be working mostly onshore but offshore deployments and stand by duty to support first line response are an integral part of the job. Duty station for this function is expected to be Arnhem, but extensive travel will be part of the job.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
Waar kom je te werken?
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections.
In 2019, the first Dutch offshore substation, Borssele Alpha, is due to be operational, with 7 additional offshore substations following from 2020 through 2026. Within Grid Service Offshore (Germany and the Netherlands), an Operations and Maintenance department is set up for the Dutch assets.