Our client is a quantitative trading firm with a unique focus on technology, a scientific approach, and a deep understanding of markets to guide their business.
We're looking for people who want to be in this challenging, constantly changing environment full of smart and intellectually curious people. This company has a flat organizational structure with few titles and the environment is open, informal, intellectual and fun.
For this client, we are looking for an:
(32-40 hr per week)
It is a temporarily role as replacement for a maternity leave. Currently the office has 6 employees, but a significant increase of employees is expected. Start date: immediate.
About the Role
The Office Administrator will need to work autonomously and will wear many hats with regards to reception, facilities, office administration, travel, catering, human resources and accounting.
- Oversee reception and hospitality; be the “face” of this company
- Represent the office by being the primary contact for general inquiries
- Coordinate catering for meetings and employee meals
- Manage conference room scheduling
- Be the liaison with building management and field facilities issues
- Manage and procure office and pantry supplies
- Manage post office needs
- Develop and maintain files and records, as needed
- Book travel and accommodations for the on-site team and employees from other offices, as needed
- Support the Technology and Legal & Compliance teams with administrative tasks
- Provide admin support for onboarding of new hires
- Manage company credit card and reconcile statements
- Scan incoming invoices and forward to Accounts Payable
- Support staff with events, meetings, research and other tasks
- Be the person who has all the answers!
- Several years of relevant experience, working in hospitality and office management
- Broad based knowledge of Amsterdam with a deep professional network that can be tapped for information and resources
- Experience managing or working with real estate and facilities departments
- Great eye for detail
- Ability to tackle issues in the moment and anticipate future needs
- Desire to go above and beyond to get tasks done efficiently and effectively
- Proactive problem solver with strong communication and writing skills
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Great customer service orientation with an innate desire to be of assistance and address varying, sometimes conflicting requests
- Comfortable working in a flat corporate environment with little hierarchy
- Willingness to coordinate initiatives and decision making with team leaders in NY and London
- Proficiency in using software including Word and Excel with the ability to learn new software quickly
- University educated or equivalent practical experience
Interested? Applying for this job is possible via the button at this site, or contact us via Top Secretaries Noord-Holland: +31 20 301 8048.