to drive the implementation of their new OHS policy and their focus on continuous improvements within the area to secure they meet their vision of Zero Accidents.
Your task will be to ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place and implemented for OHS regulatory, corporate compliance and employee wellbeing at their sites in Houten, Lopik in Netherlands and Groot Bijgaarden in Belgium and on customer sites.
Tetra Pak is the world's leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with their customers and suppliers, they provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With over 23,000 employees based in over 85 countries, they believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. their motto, "PROTECTS WHAT'S GOOD™," reflects their vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
- Secure the implementation of our new global OHS policy.
- Drive behavior to deliver a positive, generative safety culture within our business.
- Lead and drive the working environmental organization.
- Lead, drive and participate in our continuous improvements within the area (OHS actions plan and follow up).
- Ensure that Tetra Pak activities conducted at customer sites are completed in accordance with Tetra Pak Group OHS Policy, Tetra Pak group OHS @ customer sites manual, requirements according to VCA and local legal requirements.
- Ensure that an OHS training plan is in place to cover the significant risks on the sites
- Prohibit any activity from continuing that is considered a danger or a significant breach of OHS legislation
- Plan, create and deliver OHS related trainings to the organization (including OHS induction).
- Provide OHS advice and guidance to the MD and managing team
- Support and accompany teams in understanding and applying local regulation and Tetra Pak requirements
- Support managers with incidents/accidents analysis
- Lead n the Benelux safety committee.
- Drive the local OHS steering group
- Visit customer sites: site inspections, support teams in safety plan, adapt our risk assessments to reality
- Maintain a record of OHS incidents and monitor completion of follow up actions
- Report and monitor KPI's.
- Risk assessments and audits, to assess the efficiency of our OHS program.
- Monitor the development in legal OHS legislation and implement needed changes, in addition local legal compliance action follow-up and drive
- Internal OHS communication
- OHS budget planning and follow up
* To be a successful candidate you should have Master's or Bachelor's degree in engineering
* Knowledge of relevant local OHS regulations
* Qualification to perform the function of an occupational health and safety specialist is considered as an advantage
* You are fluent both in written and spoken Dutch and English
* You have ideally over 3 years of OHS experience from a similar job in manufacturing industry.
* Your approach to your tasks is analytic, systematic, persistent and result driven and you are ready to walk the extra mile. You are capable of prioritizing and working with details as well as creating the overview.
* You come across as pragmatic, proactive by nature, engaged, targeted and are experienced with driving and implementing changes.
* You are a forthcoming positive team player and involve, engage and motivate people around you in a natural way.
* You have good communication skills and communicate with the rest of the organization in a natural and respectful way.
* Complex and challenging position where new ideas are always listened to
* Dynamic team, with great professionals
* Being part of an international company with a secure background
* A long-term opportunity
* Competitive salary
€ 50.000,00 - € 60.000,00 /jaar