Network Support Engineer – Haarlem, The Netherlands or Barcelona, Spain
Bond Technology Management was founded in 2007 and is the leading technical management company for on-board Audio Visual, IT, Communications, Security and Navigation systems for the most advanced super yacht new builds and refit projects.
What is the role about?
As Network Support Engineer at Bond Technology Management (Bond TM), you will be joining a strong team of IT professionals that support some of world’s most luxurious private yachts and estates. In this role you will provide support to our customers for physical and virtual network infrastructures including WAN, LAN, and Wireless.
You will be working with the latest technologies in a fast-changing environment where no two days are the same. If you thrive on challenging problems and can design and communicate innovative, agile solutions, there is ample room for growth.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Working within a technical team delivering network infrastructure solutions and support to our internal datacenter, internal offices and client networks.
- Assisting project teams with network designs and integrations, which range from Network L2, L3, wireless, WAN and security solutions.
- Collaborate and have a valued input into IT network designs and improvements moving forward.
- Proactive monitoring and performance improvement of current network infrastructures
- Responsible for operational support and maintenance of routing, switching, wireless, WAN solution including various VPN and firewall platforms
- Troubleshoot and resolve network errors and failures, ensure correct diagnoses and solution paths are implemented.
- Provide on-call support for the company on a rotational basis
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and work instructions to be utilized by other support team members.
To be successful in this role you will be able to adapt quickly and be able to work in an enthusiastic and driven team of skilled IT Professionals. You will be someone that can flourish in a high pace and stressful environment and remain composed and focused on providing excellent service to our customers. You will also have the following experience/skills:
- Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching and/or CCNA Wireless.
- Working experience with Cisco routers, switches and wireless.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues on a wide range of network hardware.
- Proven knowledge in the area(s) of developing network infrastructure services, including LAN, WAN, Firewalls and Security Services. Previous experience in IT support related to desktop and server environments.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English.
- A successful candidate will have worked in a similar role previously and will possess good diagnostic and fault - finding skills.
- Highly motivated, organized and adept at handling stressful and time-sensitive situations.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and strong customer-service focus.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Good attention to detail, testing and documentation.
- Knowledge of VMWare ESX, Windows server and Linux will be an advantage
There will be international travel involved in this role and therefore we can only consider candidates with a valid current passport and legal proof of right to work in the European Economic Zone. Applicants that do not comply to this will not be reviewed. Other IT and communication skills will be considered as the company is currently growing and dealing with a substantial number of projects.
Fluency in English is essential, any other languages are a plus.
Salary is in accordance with experience.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV in English along with a cover/motivation letter.
Or visit our website: www.bondtm.com