What's next? Discover VDL ETG
Mechatronics System Architect
Working as a Mechatronics System Architect
Realising reliable systems and remaining involved with the process until the final product is ready: this is exactly where your expertise lies as a Mechatronics System Architect. And you'll need it, because at VDL ETG T&D, you’ll be part of the complete product life cycle of high-precision, vacuum and handling equipment. Your high level of commitment and efficient way of working means this role will fit you like a glove. Thanks to your ability to see the complete picture, and to look beyond the boundaries of your own professional field, you're able to make your mark on complex systems. And as a systems thinker with a strategic view, you will lead your multidisciplinary team in tackling the technical aspects of projects.
Show us what you can do as a Mechatronics System Architect
You will sit down with the client and project manager to agree the functional specifications, and translate these into requirements for a reliable system design. Together with the project leader, you then prepare a technical plan, which you translate into a form suitable for your multidisciplinary team of lead engineers. You represent the business at the forefront of the process, and remain involved with projects until the prototype is handed over to production. This involves working in close partnership with colleagues from other disciplines. Another important aspect of your role is the (technical) coaching of team members during projects. You're a source of knowledge that your colleagues can draw upon. Your daily activities will include:
- Defining concepts and making decisions for the concept to be developed.
- Assessing and mitigating technical risks using FEM analyses, or tests on prototypes.
- Leading the project team in technical matters.
- Reporting to the MT and client.
- Managing the relationship with the factory from a technical perspective, by discussing testing, qualification and transport tools for mass production.
- Handing over the prototype to production after delivery and approval.
- Contributing to the VDL ETG technology road map.
Overseeing the conceptualisation, development and realisation of high-tech systems requires teamwork – and this includes the multidisciplinary team you lead. You're someone who knows exactly how things work, both within your own organisation and at your consortium partners and suppliers. You're enterprising and want to contribute to the technical growth of the organisation. Your pragmatic attitude means you can deal with time pressures and budget limitations efficiently.
In addition, you have:
- A master's degree in mechatronics, electronics or mechanical engineering.
- At least 10 years' experience working with the development of high-tech equipment.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a technical team.
- Experience with project-based working for clients.
- An excellent command of English.
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. In addition, you'll receive:
- A competitive salary.
- A good pension scheme.
- 27 days of paid holiday and 13 ADV (working time reduction scheme) days.
- Profit sharing.
- Private PC scheme and bike scheme.
- Plenty of personal development through training courses and educational programmes.
- An annual VDL party with all your VDL Groep colleagues.
- Opportunities for internal promotion
- Participation in various collective schemes.
- Employee discounts.
- Participation in sporting activities.
VDL ETG T&D, VDL Enabling Technologies Group Technology & Development in full, is part of the billion-Euro VDL Groep with more than 17,000 employees across the globe. At our locations in Eindhoven and Almelo, we develop, produce and assemble high-tech equipment for sectors including the semiconductor industry, and thin-film depositions for solar cells, medical equipment, science and industry. VDL ETG T&D is a dynamic and innovative organisation, where we greatly value employees who show initiative. We believe that the best ideas arise when people work on the projects they are most passionate about. This project-based development environment is unique, as it brings together the mechanical engineering, electronics, mechatronics and software disciplines, and because we combine development with realisation.
The department you'll join as a Mechatronics System Architect is characterised by an open atmosphere and approachable colleagues. Your future colleagues can best be described as kind, willing and helpful. Asking questions makes everyone smarter, which is why we do it so much here. And it doesn't matter whether you ask a direct colleague or the CEO, everyone's door is open. We're also the place to be for recreation and good food. For example, many of our engineers are part of the robot football team, and we have some fanatical table football players. And what about the delicious food from around the world brought in by your expat colleagues, or cake or tart each day? There's always something to celebrate here.
Are you the Mechatronics System Architect whose reliable system design will lead to a fantastic end product? Then please send us your CV and covering letter and tell us why you're the ideal candidate for this vacancy.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Ellen Op Heij at the Corporate Recruitment department, on 040 – 292 50 66.