Working at MHS
MHS is founded in North America and has recently expanded its business in Europe and Asia. With locations in The Netherlands, Italy, UK, Poland, and China, MHS supports its customers on a global scale. Our locations are based on family business traditions, with strong social values and people caring about people. This translates into caring about customers and colleagues and ensuring long-lasting relationships.
Working at MHS means working on breakthrough solutions for leading customers in Courier Express Parcel and Distribution + Fulfillment in an expanding environment with many opportunities. “We go over, go under, go around or go through – but never give up.” We call this going Above + Beyond.
As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you are responsible for the mechanical design of the material handling system. Together with other disciplines such as electrical and controls you translate the sales design in a working system solution. You coordinate the design with the customer and suppliers to achieve a coordinated design. Under your direction, the layout design engineer will make the 3D model. You will coordinate with suppliers and customers regarding interfaces and building / utilities. You will draw up specifications for the production and purchase of parts. When the conveyor system is installed on-site, you support the installation team in the field with technical questions. You report directly to the Project Leader Engineering. Travel is part of the job (on average 20%).
- translate the sales layout into a working system solution
- are Responsible for the integration of various parts in the total mechanical design and Work closely with suppliers, PLC and EM engineers
- coordinate the design with customer and suppliers
- are able to make sketches and validate the design in Inventor
- make specifications for purchasing and production parts of the material handling system
- manage the Layout Design Engineer when making the engineering layouts
- are the point of contact for technical questions during installation in the field
- provide installation and as-built documentation