The Manufacturing Manager ensures the correct amount is produced at the right cost and at the right level of quality. This includes developing efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs. You lead manufacturing, engineering and maintenance and report to the Managing Director of the Company and work directly with the Plant Manager.
Our client adds value to textiles. They were the first who introduced a chemical solution to get to the core of polyester molecules and knew how to dye it. This invention would be the first of many. Since then, they have partnered up with heavyweights in the textile industry but gained independence in 2007. In the meantime, they have expanded their expertise and started working on solutions for cotton, wool, and many other fibre types. They take on every challenge. Technological breakthroughs happen as we speak and they're often the first ones to use them. They're proud science nerds and spend way too many hours in the lab, but are OK with that. They like to think of their selves as the cowboys of the textile industry: small in size, but brave by heart.
For their plant in Ede our client is looking for a Manufacturing Manager. You are responsible for directing and coordinating the daily operations of the manufacturing plant and you lead Manufacturing, Engineering and Maintenance. The Manufacturing Manager ensures the correct amount is produced at the right cost and at the right level of quality. This includes developing efficiency strategies to ensure the plant meets production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs. You report to the Managing Director of the Company and work directly with the Plant Manager.
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the effective return on assets
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of resources, equipment, materials and capital
- Keep in line with production schedules and deadlines while insuring product standards and quality
- Improve manpower utilization both within the own department and in close cooperation with other related departments
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the production facility supports companies' strategic objectives
- Initiate and propose new ideas and actions to increase degree of utilization which will support or enhance the strategic direction of the company
Health, Safety & Environment
- Contribute to the established management practices on QHES
- Comply with ISO-standards and with rules and regulations of BRZO
- Continually improve safety records by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety issues
- Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas
Cost control, analyses & reporting
- Manage spending against budget and forecasts and in relation to changes in production values
- Initiate cost savings and efficiency actions to bring conversion and direct manufacturing costs in pace with utilization
Leadership & Coaching
You make sure the performance of the team and the individual employee meet the requirements and quality standards, the internal and external customers are optimally served. The right employees are at the right time and costs available.
- Managing, coaching and motivating employees on results and competences
- Systematic training, development and support (new) employees
- Technical background and/or Bachelor degree in chemical or process engineering
- Experienced with BRZO
- 5+ years experience in similar function and environment
- Excellent command of Dutch and English
- Excellent and proven managerial skills
- Knowledge about SAP and Lean processes
- Challenging, international work environment
- An excellent salary and benefits package, with nice secondary schemes
- Result counts; there is plenty of room for your own input and they strive for 'continuous improvement'
- training courses are encouraged
£ 75.000,00 - £ 90.000,00 /jaar