You are responsible for ensuring that raw material requirements are met with regard to the company's own manufacturing and mining capacity as well as from external suppliers. You will secure the material flows to plants across the world. You will put your analytical skills to use by performing analyses and creating financial models. You are also responsible for planning the company's mineral sales.
Our client is the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 35 countries and € 2.7 billion in revenues they are the driving force of the refractory industry. But to deliver results for customers, that technology has to be put to work effectively. By people. That's why they attach so much importance to their employees. Do you want to know more?
As a global RM planner you will play the role of optimizer in the global planning process. Your responsibility will be, on a global level, to secure supply of raw materials to the plants and secure availability of material for mineral sales.. You will be working in close cooperation with Procurement, the regional SCM offices, Mineral Sales and the Production Plants. Furthermore, you will be working on optimizing the effectiveness of the plants by working in close collaboration with the Analytics team to find the optimal mix of raw materials for the BOM's, by using advanced tools.
Your tasks will include:
- On a daily basis, coordinate the supply of strategic raw materials to the global plants
- Work hand-in-glove with the captive raw material sites to support the planning
- Work closely together with Procurement to determine the best raw material solutions
- Make data driven decisions based on inventory level, cost and availability
- Participate in the monthly preparations for the Raw Material Committee
- Prepare reports on coverage levels, variances, inventories etc.
- Play a major role in obtaining advantages from the optimizing tool by working closely together with the stakeholders to have the right raw materials at the right time, at the right place.
You are focused on optimization. Because of your robust background and experience you know how to optimize and secure material flows to the company's plants across the world. With strong analytical skills and structured way of working you are able to balance the raw material requirements from suppliers and captive production. In addition you are responsible for planning the mineral sales. Your attention to detail and ability to communicate clearly to all levels of stakeholders makes you a valued colleague and team-player. You keep the end-result in mind, and you are comfortable in a constant changing environment. Your enthusiasm about optimizing the optimal raw material mix for the plants is clearly visible. You are willing to travel (up to 30%) to meet your colleagues around the globe.
In addition, you have:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Problem structuring and problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude and history of making things happen independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to care for multiple projects at once
Our client is the acknowledged industry leader in innovative technology. The company is defined by people. That's why they attach so much importance to their employees. The organization has a collaborative culture that cherishes ideas and determination to add value for their customers. Their leadership style encourages openness, fresh thinking and initiative. They are pragmatic, positive and optimistic.
Our client offers:
- Challenging and diverse tasks within a multicultural and passionate working environment
- Responsible position with a high scope for action
- Cross-functional collaboration with an open and innovative team
- Flat hierarchies with short decision-making processes
- Attractive training and development opportunities across all career stages
- A full-time position (40 hours / week) at our Global Supply Chain & Purchasing Hub in Rotterdam.