The Functional Finance department from T-Mobile is looking for a Manager External Reporting! Have you always wanted to contribute to a dynamic organization in the telecom sector? Then T-Mobile is looking for you!
Where will you work?
T-Mobile is not just an ordinary telecom company. As part of Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile holds an important position in the field of mobile Internet. T-Mobile connects people by offering the fastest Unlimited network to its customers every single day. With over 2,000 enthusiastic colleagues they ensure that their customers can keep in touch with their loved ones and their business contacts. No matter where they are, super-fast and hassle free.
In the beginning of this year the merger between T-Mobile and Tele2 has been completed, a major step for both companies. By joining forces they created a new strong player in a market that will rapidly develop towards one that is led by combined products of fixed and mobile. They will challenge the current duopoly and drive competition. They have made promises to themselves and to the market and they intend to keep them, including an accelerated 5G launch, high speed internet as well as contract freedom for new and existing customers and sharp prices for unlimited mobile internet.
T-Mobile connects. Are you willing to connect to T-Mobile?
- Responsible for internal and external communications, including executive reporting on accounting and reporting topics to internal and external stakeholders, exco and advisory board;
- Responsible for managing the yearly and ad-hoc projects on valuation, impairment, purchase price allocation topics;
- Aligning with treasury manager and tax manager on financial numbers in offering documents, financial structures and net debt activities (part of the Treasury Committee);
- Responsible for timely, complete and accurate internal and external reporting (including annual accounts and segment reporting), including implementation of accounting policies (from group and stand-alone point of view);
- Responsible for tracking historical financial performance (normalized and reported);
- Responsible for decision making on application of IFRS and External Reporting requirements and its impact on the processes within the entire company;
- Responsible for the department and HR and budget related topics within the department;
- Replaces the Director functional finance in case he/she is not present;
- Replaces the Manager accounting operations in case he/she is not present.
What is the specific knowledge needed for the position?
- Extensive knowledge including strategic application knowledge of IFRS GAAP and the technical application of this GAAP in the internal and external reporting;
- Knowledge on bridging the technical and strategic, tactical accounting to management and controlling views on sensitive topics;
- Knowledge of tax, internal control and risk management;
- Knowledge of financial controlling, corporate finance, valuation and treasury;
- Academic thinking level in economics and accounting. Minimal 10 years of experience, preferrable big4 working knowledge;
- Knowledge about financial systems, SAP is prio.
What skills are needed for this position?
For this position we are looking for someone who is able to steer teams and manage project teams. Our new manager external reporting is able to determine on a strategic level where to put focus on and is able to make decisions with limited available information. Furthermore, someone with strong leadership skills, management skills, communication and presentation skills. Next to that, someone who is result-oriented and has a high-level of multi-tasking skills, including the ability to assign tasks and duties to other senior professionals. Finally, skilled in change management and experience with implementing service levels and new processes within the organization.
As a result of the merger of T-Mobile and Tele2 we are currently building a new organization. The expectations on the new organization are high and result in a dynamic working environment. To make this job a success you are able to cope with and thrive in this rapidly-changing and fast-paced environment. You love a challenge and combine a hands-on approach with a strategic mindset.
What competencies are needed for this position?
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree;
- 10+ years of working experience;
- Customer oriented towards internal and external stakeholders;
- Able to build bridges between stakeholders with different views;
- Able to present complex or sensitive topics;
- Team player;
- Maintaining contact with DTAG (DT Accounting), T-Mobile Treasury, T-Mobile Tax, T-Mobile ICS;
- Financial Management Team (FMT), Commercial and Technology departments;
- Maintaining contact with external auditors, external advisors.
T-Mobile Nederland, you probably know! The telecom provider which has the fastest 4G network in the Netherlands for four years in a row! With a challenger mindset T-Mobile challenges itself and the market to connect everyone with the possibilities of today. Daring, responsibility and cooperation are T-Mobile's core competencies.
- For T-Mobile, learning is just as normal as calling. You are responsible for your own development and you therefore determine how, what and when you learn. T-Mobile supports you in this! Look at campus.t-mobile.nl for how they do this!
- You are in the lead, so old-fashioned performance appraisals and assessments, T-Mobile does not do that. You ensure that your manager and your colleagues are aware of your goals and development.
- You will work in a nice office close to The Hague Hollands Spoor train station;
- You get more than 2,000 enthusiastic and driven colleagues;
- Workshops, sporting outings, T-Schnee, social drinks and fun parties organized by Young T-Mobile;