Working within a company that provides products for a safe workplace and makes sure that workers in the up-, mid- and downstream industry can go home safe everyday again, is something that will give you a smile every day. We are looking for a Manager Design & Production Engineering for Sofis in Alphen aan den Rijn, do you want to use your experience to bring structure, build and optimize the team?
Sofis is a manufacturer of valve operation systems such as mechanical valve interlocks, portable actuators and valve position indicators. Sofis is the world's largest interlock manufacturer, providing bespoke design solutions that protect people and property throughout the world. Sofis is dedicated to getting people home safe and increasing overall plant safety and efficiency while doing so.
Valve Interlocks are used to guarantee a predetermined sequence of valve operations. This is often customer specific. As all Sofis products are mounted on valves, they are bespoken to fit the valve. As part of Halma plc company, who have a big variety of companies which can benefit each other. Halma has a core focus on safety, health and the environment and their products provide innovative solutions for many of the key problems facing the world today.
Sofis is a combination of Smith Flow Control and Netherlocks and combined their offices at Alphen aan den Rijn where they have their manufacturing location. The engineering is still based in both the Netherlands and the UK. As Manager Design & Production Engineering you are responsible for supervising all activities within the department that starts from handover from sales until manufacturing within production. At this moment it is important that aside from the main tasks you are also there to guide, manage and improve the department. Your tasks will be:
- Overall design coordination responsibility within the assigned projects. Ensuring a successful product design execution and on time delivery is obtained;
- Detailed evaluation of supplied technical drawings, sequence schematics and projects specification;
- Ensure technical design requirements defined within scope, are properly incorporated into the engineering ERP system;
- Review technical project scope, with detailed evaluation of: clients supplied technical drawings, sequence requirements, product specifications, materials, long lead time items and special product requisitions;
- Streamlining of the processes and incorporate digitalization and automation of processes;
- Support and guide the team to achieve the set goals;
- Make a clear planning that is communicated and updated to sales and production in order to improve the company processes.
Profiel van kandidaat
Sofis is a global market leader within the interlock valve systems. As Manager Design & Production Engineering you are going to help developing Sofis to the next level by guiding, managing and streamlining the work done within engineering. You are capable to be hands-on and help where needed. Do you recognize yourself in this and do you have:
- Several years' experience in managing a team;
- Experience with design/production engineering within a manufacturing environment;
- A Bachelor in Engineering;
- Creative in problem solving and positive spirited;
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and influence on all levels within the organization;
- Experience with working under pressure and lead people to achieve results;
- Hands-on mindset and not afraid to take on some of the work yourself;
- Fluent in English and living in the Netherlands.
Sofis is a small manufacturer and offers a very dynamic work environment. They actively promote talent exchange within other Halma plc companies, which means that there are many different growth opportunities.