The successful candidate will work closely with the business and senior stakeholders. He/ she will be responsible for the analysis of portfolio performance in order to advise management on strategic next steps.
A globally, listed real estate firm with commercial assets all over the world. The Amsterdam office will have responsibility for assets in Germany, Austria, Netherlands, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager and Financial Controllers to ensure that the management accounts continue to develop and address the reporting needs of the Board and other senior managers.
- Build strong relationships with internal Real Estate teams, especially Asset Management and Acquisitions.
- Develop into a Subject Matter Expert in Property Accounting processes.
- Support the finance team on various projects regarding continuous improvements to processes and systems.
- Ensure properties are closed monthly within two working days of month end; ensuring that all balances are understood and supported for a portfolio of entities.
- Prepare all month-end and year-end journals accurately; maintaining strong trial balance control through monthly reconciliations of the entire balance sheet.
- Review operating revenue and expenses, define and book related accruals and prepayments.
- Create property operating reports and variance analysis e.g. monthly actual versus forecast analysis.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Accounting.
- RA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.A strong level of verbal and written, Dutch or German as well as English.
- At least 3+ years of experience in working within a similar role, preferably in the Real Estate sector.
- Good knowledge of Property Accounting, Leasing, Rent billings and Valuations.
- Experience in working with German GAAP or Dutch GAAP as well as IFRS.
- Strong Excel skills/and knowledge of real estate accounting packages. Yardi experience a bonus.
- Strong time management skills - ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under time pressure
The successful candidate will enjoy a challenging role with a wide range of responsibilities. He/ she will be working closely with Asset Managers, Developers, Property Managers, etc. across multiple jurisdictions.
Our client has a strong work/ life balance where long working hours are not expected. Free lunch, training and other additional benefits are included also.