Manager Production / Jr. Operations Manager will work closely with the logistics department in order to ensure the efficient processing of incoming and outgoing orders. Outgoing/incoming orders should be within contract specification (quality, volume, delivery time). This is where our margin lies and it is essential that these tasks are performed accurately and within tight deadlines.
This organisation is an international trading and processing company in non-ferrous scrap metals and waste paper. In a changing and challenging market this organisation is taking bold steps to streamline processes and thereby offer the most competitive prices to our clients. Part of our plan includes processing material that fit with new regulations and requirements of our customers. To help us meet this goal we are looking for a motivated Logistics Teamlead / Jr. Operations Manager to join our management team. This is an important, new role that is key to the success of our business today and in the future.
The organisation combines entrepreneurship, unique logistical operations and in-depth-knowledge of both the products traded as well as the needs of our clients all around the globe. They believe in developing our people through open communication, stimulating initiative, training and supporting self-learning.
The site operation includes the processing of incoming and outgoing material made up of four key elements
- Weighing of material
- Grading of material
- Processing (sorting, pressing, cutting)
- Unloading and loading of material
- Support 'us' in a new way of working. We always have the focus to improve our business. Currently we focus on adding more 'value' to the product. For that reason we work and setup new production/sorting lines on our yard.
- Management of the yard site and the production/sorting lines
- Maintenance of the yard site including safety checks and permits
- Budget planning and monitoring of this department
- Line management of 20 yard staff including the yard supervisor and assistant yard supervisor
- Daily focus to improve every day (using using LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5S, OEE methodologies)
- Project management of improvement initiatives identified in your plan and in-line with the company business plan.
- Bachelor or Master degree in logistics, engineering, business management or similar
- Minimal 2 years of work experience in a an logistics environment
- Experience or at least affinity with leading a team
- Leadership skills, able to coach and line manage staff
- Experienced in project management and implementing change
- Experienced / used to LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5S, OEE methodologies
- Strong ICT skills (online media, Microsoft office, ERP systems)
- Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English
The organisation offers competitive compensation, a complete benefits package and the possibility to develop in a dynamic, international and ambitious environment.
38,000 - 50,000 /jaar