As Legal Counsel you will support in drafting and negotiation of contracts, handling of claims and disputes and corporate matters. You will act as an business partner by advising the business in a practical and pragmatic way.
Our client is the world leading marine contractor in the international offshore oil and gas and renewables industry. the client excels at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities.
They manages the entire supply chain of offshore construction, from design through to completion. Headquartered in Leiden, their services encompass engineering, planning, logistics, project management and execution of projects all over the world.
As Legal Counsel, your daily activities are:
- Working with the complexity of tenders or projects with large scope size and/or non-standard products;
- Negotiating with new or unknown external clients, suppliers, contractors and or authorities;
- Evaluate, review, draft and negotiate offshore construction contracts, MoU's and cooperation agreements;
- Advise on all relevant legal matters within the organization including providing strategic guidance on a wide range of legal issues, analyzing business and legal risks;
- Managing the external consultants and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Support the business in dispute prevention and resolution;
- Handling Claims;
- Implement corporate solutions.
This position requires business sense and excellent communication skills. You are proactive, motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role. Furthermore, you have:
- A university degree in law (Business law or Maritime law or International law);
- A minimum of 5 years relevant legal working experience. Preferably as an in-house legal counsel in a commercial organization;
- Knowledge of Business law, Contract law, Maritime law and English law;
- The ability to work under general supervision, in accordance with procedures;
- Experience with working in teams across different departments;
- The ability to work with a diverse and international group of people;
- A great attention to detail and ability to adapt easily;
- Strong analytical skills, creativity and high quality standards;
- The flexibility and willingness to travel abroad;
- A dynamic, proactive and convincing personality with a high level of organization, and excellent time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- A market-based salary and a 13th month;
- Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Excellent working atmosphere;
- A laptop (also for private use);
- Travel expenses reimbursement, a parking and easily accessible by car from Rotterdam, The Hague, Amsterdam, Gouda and Leiden, and close to Leiden Central train station;
- A particularly good pension and discount on various insurance policies;
- Fitness facilities at the office.