You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
For our EMEA head office in Leiden we are looking for a
Legal Counsel EMEA
Are you interested in working in an international team while highly contributing to the OCLC future? Take a challenge and apply now for this job!
As Legal Counsel EMEA, you will support OCLC’s legal function under the direction of OCLC’s General Counsel, who is based in our US head office in Dublin, Ohio. You will have a focus on EMEA & APAC sales, transactional, and corporate matters and partnering with the attorneys in OCLC’s Legal Department on global matters.
The position is based in Leiden and reports to the VP & Managing Director EMEA & APAC and functionally to the VP & General Counsel. Travel to OCLC EMEA offices (e.g. Germany, United Kingdom, Eelde) is incidentally required.
- Under the direction of OCLC’s General Counsel (based in the US), plan, participate in, direct, execute and/or advise on sales and corporate-related legal affairs in a fast-paced legal and business environment for several offices in EMEA (and sometimes APAC);
- Provide legal support to OCLC’s EMEA offices, with a primary focus on sales agreements (prepare and negotiate tender responses and sales contracts) and other commercial transactions;
- Support the OCLC global enterprise on Legal Department global priorities, including business, corporate, and compliance matters (for example, shareholder resolutions and privacy compliance support);
- Participate in Benelux Management Committee for the purposes of staying informed, giving advice, and coordinating legal matters with OCLC’s Legal Department;
- Competently counsel and work with business partners and managers regarding legal risks, solutions and alternatives;
- Review, comment and make recommendations to the VP and Managing Director EMEA & APAC and OCLC’s General Counsel;
- The Corporate secretary department (3 FTE) reports to the Legal Counsel EMEA.
- Master’s Degree in (business) Law or other relevant degree;
- 5+ years’ experience in a comparable role as in-house Legal Counsel in an international (USA) organization, working for EMEA region;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch, English and German (due to daily international contacts) and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts;
- you have good business and commercial knowledge, an international mindset, good legal drafting and negotiating skills, a high standards of accuracy and a customer focus. You are an effective communicator and problem solver.
- You have the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong work ethic and ownership mentality;
- Organization and planning: you have the ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time and develop work plans to accomplish tasks and/or projects;
- Judgment and decision making: you have the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense;
- Innovation and creativity: you have the ability to generate and translate ideas and adapt to change;
- Communication: you have the ability to clearly organize and effectively convey information;
- Work under pressure: you have the ability to work concurrently on multiple initiatives in various stages, while maintaining attention to detail and managing deadlines.
We offer you
- Salary Grade 18: € 50.400 - € 83,800 yearly;
- A challenging and rewarding role in a professional team in an innovative and international organization;
- Attractive benefits and many development opportunities;
- Premium free pension plan;
- 26 holiday days per year.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via our company website. If you have questions about the vacancy, please contact Els van den Bosch (Human Resources) 071-5246500.