For our client we are looking for a junior/middle level Legal counsel to assist with the day to day work in the organization.
Our client invests in opportunities where they see favorable long-term fundamental trends and high growth potential. They aim to capitalize on these opportunities through partnerships with established industry leaders and experienced entrepreneurs.
They make opportunistic investments to take advantage of dislocations in the markets.Their portfolio extends across the United States, China, Russia, Europe and South East Asia.
Providing legal support in:
- structuring / restructuring of ownership structure and/or existing assets and liabilities of group companies (acquisition / sale of assets, loan assignments, etc.),
- liquidating of group companies - preparation of necessary legal documentation, restructuring of the company's assets and liabilities, liaising with in-house finance team and also with external administrators, legal counsels and liquidators,
- managing the existing group projects - preparing legal documentation for various business operations, e.g. providing financing, distribution of dividends, etc.,
- launching new projects - drafting, commenting and arranging the execution of agreements, contracts and other legal documents (including memorandums of understanding, non-disclosure agreements, sale and purchase agreements of shares, shareholders agreements, etc.). Liaising and instructing external legal counsels in different jurisdictions on these matters,
- passing the KYC procedures with banks and other institutions in various jurisdictions (administrators, auditors, JV partners, etc.) by providing necessary documents, completing the application forms requested (including SRC/FATCA), etc.;
Dealing with corporate governance matters of group companies (arranging meetings of the board of directors, shareholders' meeting; preparation of relevant materials and draft documents);
Monitoring a performance of internal corporate governance documents of group companies and compliance with the statutory Dutch law requirements (filing of annual reports, GDPR, statutory disclosure matters, etc.);
Dealing with other legal issues arising during the business operations of the group companies.
The candidate has/is:
- a law degree;
- 3-7 years of work experience in Corporate law;
- capable to carry out independently technical assignments and also to fulfill other assignments under the supervision and as per the instructions of a senior lawyer;
- solid drafting skills (in English), communication skills, is pro-active, responsible and attentive to details;
- work experience in trust companies and/or holding companies would be an asset, as well as the experience in working with companies linked to CIS and Eastern Europe countries.
- Fluent in English and Russian.
- A good salary
- Challenging role
- Good other benefits