Yanmar Europe B.V. located in Almere, is a subsidiary of Yanmar Co. Ltd., a Japanese family owned company with 22,000 staff members around the world. Yanmar Europe serves as the regional headquarters for the EMEA markets. The organisation delivers diesel engines for industrial and marine applications and equipment for agriculture, construction and energy systems. Yanmar is a premium brand with a global network of official distributors and dealers. The organisation has defined a challenging growth strategy for the next few years and wants to grow globally in new and existing markets and regions. Due to further development of the Legal Affairs Department, Yanmar would like to strengthen its department with a Legal Counsel.
In this position you are responsible for the overall development and professionalization of the legal function of Yanmar in the EMEA. You support local management of Yanmar in Europe on various legal issues. You report directly to the Director General Affairs with a functional reporting line to the Head of the legal department in Japan. Your main tasks:
- Develop a legal strategy based upon Yanmar Group’s strategy and Mid Term Plan.
- Develop and maintain a solid contract management process. Manage the client service process.
- Develop a structure where legal management is well defined and kept up to date.
- Take initiatives to increase the effectiveness of the Compliance Risk & Governance processes.
- Play a key role in M&A activities.
Yanmar is looking for a legal expert who has a high sense of integrity, transparency and accountability in all work tasks and interactions with others. Able to work with and handle highly confidential data. Your profile:
- A Dutch civil law degree (Master).
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in private practices or small & medium size multinational companies.
- Experience with international contract law, particular distribution agreements and corporate law.
- Excellent knowledge of GDPR and privacy laws.
- Professional attitude. Detailed, well-organized and able to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
Yanmar offers you the challenge to co-develop this new position in line with your professional insights. The chance to establish a network of dedicated international legal advisors in the EMEA region. In the future you will manage all the external legal relations in this region. A truly international growing organization with an excellent reputation. A working environment that respects each individual's culture and provides opportunities for personal development. Freedom to take initiatives and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues that will be pleased to welcome you.
Interested in this challenging new role? Please send your application to www.mercuriurval.nl. You will find the vacancy under reference number 6142 or via the search term ‘Yanmar’. For additional information you can contact Willy van Middelaar, Executive Search Consultant at Mercuri Urval, on +31 (0)33 4501400. For more information also visit: www.yanmar.com/eu
- Professionele ontwikkeling