To lead and control legal activities and to manage the risk processes, including contractual and other civil liability and regulatory matters, in order to protect the company's reputation and business interests and ensure the compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
Our client services cover international telecommunications services, providing mobile international roaming, international voice, international SMS, international data and international value-added telecommunications services. to global carriers (including mobile operators, fixed line operators, virtual network operators, Internet operators and OTT operators).
- Develop, implement and monitor a corporate legal strategy that aligns with the corporate vision and its current and long term business objectives mitigating the company's risk
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and draft the current and proposed, policies and business practices, and evaluate the current and proposed activities and transactions and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or all relevant laws and regulations
- Advise corporate, regional and project management on all legal matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations e.g. risk management and legal structure
- Provide assistance with global joint ventures, strategic partnership deals, and mergers and acquisitions
- Deal with all regular and standard commercial legal documents
- Provide legal advice and support to other departments including TQM, Procurement, Sales, HR, etc.
Contact and legal risk management
- Review and draft contracts and agreements and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory and/or legal requirements
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities
- Review and draft documentation for business transactions and coordinate internal process of document review by different departments ensure that the relevant input is provided and processed on time
- Review and provide legal advice on tender documents and bid/review submission process relating to all major operating proposals
- Advise and draft in all major project (sub)contracts in order to mitigate risks including claims from 3rd parties
- Direct, manage and coordinate all litigation against and from 3rd parties
- General control of commercial operational risk exposure arising from project operations and in conjunction with CSO mitigating operational risk exposure
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken
- Review on-going cases and continuously monitor compliance with statutory and legal obligations and advise management accordingly
- Responsible for periodical legal reporting
- Review progress of outstanding litigation
- Handle all legal aspects related to data privacy and intellectual property laws (e.g. trademark and domain name registrations, letters of consent, opposition procedures, etc.)
- Deal with all regular legal documents concerning corporate governance such as articles of association, rules of the supervisory board, registration of regional directorships, registrations in the local Chambers of Commerce, powers of attorneys and other general corporate governance documents
Information Security Responsibilities
- Follow and implement the organization's information security policies.
- Be responsible for safeguarding the security of the company's information and computing assets.
- Report security events, weaknesses and incidents according to the defined procedure
- University degree - Masters in law with commercial affinity
- Minimum 4 years of experience - experience in international private and/or corporate practice in Europe in ICT/telecom business
- Mature, good interpersonal skills and commercial mindedness.
- Good command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
- Challenging role with great responsibility
- Dynamic organization
- Competitive compensation