DISCOVER your opportunity
You will support the Legal & Compliance Team to ensure AXA XL meets all requirements on sanction laws, to solve compliance issues and set up internal procedures in collaboration with underwriters and underwriting assistants, mainly on an administrative basis but with sound legal knowledge on key topics.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
• Support the Legal Counsel, the Financial Crime Centre of Excellence and Underwriters with carrying out the requirements that follow from national and international sanction laws, in particular carrying out Know Your Client (KYC) and sanctions checks
• Assess different requirements and set up internal procedures to set up (and maintain) adequate work processes;
• Be the central person between all internal stakeholders, when it comes to supporting the business and ease their operations on the one hand and meeting legal requirements on the other hand;
• Support the Legal Counsel and the HR Business Partner in ancillary matters involving Compliance and HR, such as training requirements (IDD);
• Provide assistance to the Legal Counsel on legal matters on an ad hoc basis;
You will report to the Legal Counsel for The Benelux region.
SHARE your talent
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
• Finished MBO+/HBO-education, with a focus on legal and/or compliance matters;
• Hard-working professional with great accuracy in performing administrative tasks;
• Fluent professional knowledge of Dutch and English languages, written and verbal;
• Preferably some background or experience within the insurance sector;
• Precise, able to work under time pressing situations and with different clients - both internally and externally;
• Sufficiently self-confident and proactive when becoming aware of issues that are worth raising;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software