Responsibility for the entire procurement process for the purchase of equipment, materials and services, within an acceptable timeframe and against the optimum market conditions. Ability to take the lead in composing, implementing and managing market, product group and/ or supplier strategies.
With its roots in the Netherlands, our client has over 100 years' experience in hydraulic engineering, coastal protection and land reclamation. Their head office is located in Papendrecht and they have an extensive network of branches around the world. They operate in 90 countries and across six continents, with a versatile fleet of more than 900 vessels and floating equipment.
Your average working week as a Lead project Buyer will involve:
- Specifying of cost for goods and services;
- Daily management of the procurement team;
- Cross functional specifying composing proposal budgets, conditions and planning;
- Selecting suppliers based on solid bid evaluations and advising project teams creating commercial bid comparisons;
- Cross functional development of contracts;
- Project close out evaluation of suppliers.
To be a successful Lead project Buyer you will need the required knowledge and experience:
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a Lead / Senior project Buyer in an international procurement project environment;
- You hold a bachelor's degree in a technical subject and Nevi I or II is an advantage;
- You have no objections in travelling when needed (probably a few times per year);
- You have gained broad procurement experience, within the field of offshore and EPC experience;
- Your negotiation skills are well developed;
- The following characteristics apply to you: flexibility-result-focused, analytical, client-focused, easy adapting to changing environments and pro-active. You are also extremely well suited to a complex and dynamic work environment;
- You have demonstrable management experience in a project organization;
- You are accurate and constantly alert to improving insights, processes and procedures;
- And, last but not least: you have a good command of English (written and spoken).
Working for an international fast growing organization;
Challenging job with a lot of opportunities;
€ 78.000,00 - € 90.000,00 /jaar