Working at MHS
MHS is founded in North America and has recently expanded its business in Europe and Asia. With locations in The Netherlands, Italy, UK, Poland, and China, MHS supports its customers on a global scale. Our locations are based on family business traditions, with strong social values and people caring about people. This translates into caring about customers and colleagues and ensuring long-lasting relationships.
Working at MHS means working on breakthrough solutions for leading customers in Courier Express Parcel and Distribution + Fulfillment in an expanding environment with many opportunities. “We go over, go under, go around or go through – but never give up.” We call this going Above + Beyond.
As a Layout Design Engineer you work on the first concept design during the sales phase and on the final layout in the engineering phase. You make 3D models where you take care of the integration of the conveyor system in a building and with other components such as steel construction, workstations, etc.
You map the existing situation, coordinate a 3D model with other suppliers and make installation layouts to install the system on-site. You work closely together with the mechanical project engineer and will report directly to the Manager Engineering.
Incidental travel is part of the job (average 1-3 days per month).
- Works as a team on the layout of the winning technical solution
- Works on the sales layout and the engineering layout
- Responsible for the layout of the material handling system according to customer specifications
- Creates 3D layout models of the total system
- Able to translate concepts into a detailed layout
- Understands well how design decisions can have an impact on price and functionality