LABOR & EMPLOYMENT COUNSEL
- 13th month pay & Holiday allowance
- Bonus Program
- 26 holidays
- Training & Learning opportunities
- Laptop & Smartphone
- 32-40 hours p.w.
As a Labor & Employment Counsel you will integrate with our Gallia Employment Law team and, under the supervision of the Gallia lead, you will support the Employment Law function by providing employment-related legal advice, providing training and creating standard documentation, performing legal research, overseeing litigation and pre-litigation matters with external counsel, and drafting and revising materials on internal legal and transactional matters, which concern labor and employment law issues. The Gallia region covers Benelux, France, Morocco and Mauritius.
As a Labor & Employment Counsel and member of our Gallia team, you will mainly focus on the Benelux countries.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Focus on the Benelux countries.
- Provide operational and strategic support to outsourcing deals in the area. Advise on contractual aspects of outsourcing deals, on the risk management, on the transition of staff into Accenture and on the impact of the outsourcing business to Accenture’s internal organization.
- Provide operational and strategic support to acquisitions in the area
- Provide operational and strategic support to labor relations in the area.
- Provide support to litigation and pre-litigation matters, in conjunction with Employee Relations team and external counsel.
- Contribute to development of internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on employment-related and business issues.
- Manage (or co-manage) employment law projects and advising HR, Legal and management as appropriate.
- Assure the quality of Employment law delivery in the area by providing Employment support appropriate to needs and integrating external support as required.
- Act as legal advisor on Employment issues to executives in the area, including Legal professionals.
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company practices.
- Support, promote, and implement initiatives as part of Legal team.
- Educate senior company executives with regards to legal and risk management issues in the region.
- Make recommendations and escalate to the Gallia Employment Law Lead on material Employment issues.
- Work with Legal Geographical Leads as appropriate.
At Accenture Corporate Functions, we do whatever it takes to make Accenture a success - every day. We are the pieces that hold it all together: organizing collaborations, monitoring and optimizing our activities and results, keeping everyone happy and motivated – and that’s just the beginning.
Working alongside HR, Finance, Geographic services, Marcom, Legal, and Information Management teams, you will find exciting opportunities to make your mark (and a measurable difference, too). We use modern tools, innovative approaches and our knowledge of best practice to ensure everything is running smoothly. It can be challenging to meet all the needs of our big-name clients and partners, as well as our colleagues - but it's worth it when you see what we achieve together.
- Master’s degree in law in Belgium or in the Netherlands. Post-graduate specialization in employment law and admission to the Bar are an asset.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in employment law in Belgium and/or the Netherlands.
- Experience in practicing employment law on European projects.
- Relevant experience to cover full range of Benelux employment law matters, including specifically: Outsourcing, Restructuring, Employment terms and conditions, Equality and diversity matters, Grievances and Disciplinary matters, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, Trade unions/ collective rights, Employment Status / Agency workers, Project management of cross border initiatives.
- Bi-lingual (Dutch and English) is required. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Relevant experience in advising management of large companies and proven presentational and training capabilities
- Ability to work closely with wide range of personnel, including frequent interaction with top-level executives.
- Good negotiation and litigation skills
- Ability to influence, strong executive presence.
- Able to present innovative, original solutions and to act as a strategic thinker.
- Willingness to travel in Gallia region.
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now by uploading your resume and cover letter via our website.
Questions? Connect with Annick van Kerkum, via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 20-5939858.