About Citco & Citco Bank
Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries, we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients' evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Citco Banking Corporation is part of the Citco Group of companies, Industry leaders providing Hedge Funds, Private Equity and Real Estate firms, Institutional banks, Global 1000 companies, and high net worth individuals globally, with niche financial services and a dynamic focus to help realize the need for a quality counterpart.
The Citco Group Banks operating in Curacao, the Netherlands,Ireland, Luxembourg, Canada, the Bahamas and Cayman Islands provide Banking and Custodial services, drawing on an unrivaled breadth and depth of industry expertise. Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. Our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community. A career at Citco isn't just a job - it's an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The KYC Officer is a member of the Global Bank KYC Team responsible for client on boarding, client review and client exit according to established policies and procedures for the Banks within the Citco Group of companies. The KYC officer conducts client risk assessments at client on boarding according to the AML Policy and CDD procedures and recommends the acceptance and/or rejection of clients. The KYC Officer also investigates periodically if the client relationships comply with internal AML policies and Client Due Diligence procedures.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Review and risk assess new client relationships;
- Performing due diligence, requesting KYC information and documentation and writing a Client Risk Assessment for recommendation to Management;
- Plan and track client periodic reviews using Citco Bank's applications;
- Periodic review of client relationships and update Client Risk Assessments;
- Conduct incident and event-driven client review;
- Collaborate with the Data & Documents Team
- Communicate effectively with internal and external parties to obtain documentation; *
- Supply administration support where required in the completion of KYC reporting activities;
- Scanning and archiving of KYC documents;
- Updating internal databases and spreadsheets;
- Specific projects which may rise from time to time.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor in law, Business Administration, or a related/equivalent discipline;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Know Your Customer regulations (including AML/CFT framework) within the Financial industry;
- Demonstrated experience in KYC work within the financial service industry is an advantage
- Hedge fund industry and/or Trust business experience is an advantage
- A positive and pro-active attitude;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and also to liaise with other departments;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written English (Dutch is an advantage);
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.