Position Purpose & Summary
As the Key Account Manager Gourmet and Distribution you fulfil a key position as part of the Cargill cocoa and chocolate (CCC) gourmet and distribution (G&D) strategy reporting directly to the sales cluster lead key accounts of G&D and provide overall leadership for the development and management of strategic key accounts including key distribution partners in Europe. Your primary responsibilities are to execute the CCC distributor strategy and to execute the foodservice growth strategy. You cultivate relationships that drive top-line growth and develop processes and metrics aligned with making the distributor partner a robust sales channel. You are also accountable for building customer relationship and insights in the distribution and foodservice segments in Europe, creating and defining the sales vision and long-term goals that drive significant business development impact for CCC.
- You are accountable for the overall success of distributor relationship in EU for CCC for dedicated countries
- You achieve the commercial volume and margin targets for the segment in line with CCC budget and plans for continuous growth over 5 years
- You identify value and facilitates solution discovery with offering service, knowledge and insights
- You develop and drive the roadmap for further optimization of the CCC distributor strategy
- You directly oversee contract management negotiations and price list formulation strategies
- You are responsible for the product portfolio alignment, pricing and price support
- You proactively develop deep understanding of the targeted customers and their environment
- You develop account plans for targeted accounts and involve all relevant departments and stakeholders in Cargill to ensure connectivity and feasibility of plan including global alignment
- You manage sales and profitability and develop and execute plan to accomplish sales and margin goals/ budget.
- You refine business model and value proposition for delivering to customers and make sure all internal departments are aligned and processes, roles and responsibilities are clear for end to end process.
- University or Higher Vocational degree
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales (account management) and at least 4 years’ experience in leading cross functional teams within international B-to-B market (for instance food, ingredients, chemicals, metals)
- Working experience in a complex matrix-organization
- Experience with customer initiated cross functional project management
- Affinity with food industry – preferably Cocoa and Chocolate
- Excellent collaboration/ interpersonal skills
- Business acumen
- Good structured communication skills
- Excellent business development and strategic account planning skills
- Strong Conviction
- Courage and Integrity
- Able to think out-of-the-box
- Fluent in English and French, and preferably one other European language
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill