Management of the yard site and the production/sorting lines. Daily focus to improve every day (using using LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5S, OEE methodologies)
Reukema Recycling is an international trading and processing company in non-ferrous scrap metals and waste paper. In a changing and challenging market Reukema Recycling is taking bold steps to streamline processes and thereby offer the most competitive prices to our clients. Part of their plan includes processing material that fit with new regulations and requirements of our customers. To help them meet this goal they are looking for a motivated Junior Operations Manager to join our management team. This is an important, new role that is key to the success of their business today and in the future.
Their site in Harderwijk includes a yard processing 160.000 tons of material a year as well as a 21.000m2 container terminal. They ship 2-3 barges a week. Material is mainly collected from Europe (Germany and Benelux) and exported by sea ship Rotterdam to China and India/Pakistan. Managing the yard operation is a pivotal task supporting their business. Maintaining the yard environment and equipment supports the yard operations. Both of these tasks will be under your control.
The site operations manager will work closely with the logistics department in order to ensure the efficient processing of incoming and outgoing orders. Outgoing/incoming orders should be within contract specification (quality, volume, delivery time). This is where our margin lies and it is essential that these tasks are performed accurately and within tight deadlines.
The site operations manager will have two direct reports and will ultimately be responsible for the 20 yards staff.
- Management of the yard site and the production/sorting lines
- Maintenance of the yard site including safety checks and permits
- Budget planning and monitoring of this department
- Line management of 20 yard staff including the yard supervisor and assistant yard supervisor
- Daily focus to improve every day (using using LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5S, OEE methodologies)
- Project management of improvement initiatives identified in your plan and in-line with the company business plan
Are you an intelligent hands-on person who enjoys working with people? Are you known for your technical acumen and innovative, analytical thinking? Do you have the ability to engage and communicate with people at all levels of a small to medium sized organization? Reukema Recycling offers those fitting this profile an exciting challenge and opportunity to use and further develop your skills and experience.
- Bachelor/Master degree in logistics/ engineering, business management or similar
- More than 5 years of work experience in a related field is required
- Knowledge of financial budget of corporate departments
- Strong leadership skills, able to coach and line manage staff
- Experienced in project management and implementing change
- Experienced / used to LEAN, 6 Sigma, 5S, OEE methodologies
- Strong ICT skills (online media, Microsoft office, ERP systems)
- Excellent oral and written language skills in Dutch and English
Reukema Recycling offers competitive compensation, a complete benefits package and the possibility to develop in a dynamic, international and ambitious environment.
60,000 - 75,000 /jaar