We are looking for a
Junior Network Engineer
About the position:
As a Junior Network Engineer you will be responsible for performing and controlling day-to-day (administrative) activities, including:
- Data collection and analyses on the network health and performance, perform diagnostics and manage error logs, monitor and maintain bandwidth and link utilization;
- Assisting during the troubleshooting of more complex problems and follow through towards a permanent resolution is made;
- Providing support to the Customer Support department and interact with them during problem investigation;
- Participating in the review of problem situations and identify opportunities for improvement to processes, procedures or tools;
- Implementing configuration changes and new installations.
We are looking for a colleague with good analytical and problem solving skills. You have a good team spirit and are eager to work in a multicultural environment and you are always willing to learn. Besides that, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- HBO level in IT;
- Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- You must be willing to work in the weekend (daytime).
- Work experience as a Junior Network Engineer;
- Good knowledge of Cisco / Juniper Routers & Switches;
- Knowledge/experience with Fortinet firewalls and F5/BIGIP.
You will be part of a dynamic and multinational company that promotes talent, growth and career opportunities. SWIFT offers a motivating work environment with a structured training and development program for you and plenty of opportunities to demonstrate your personal strengths. We have a friendly and professional work environment with benefits such as:
- premium free health insurance;
- a defined contribution pension plan;
- sport allowance;
- a free in-house fitness center;
- There will be a competitive salary on offer.
Who we are:
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the platform, messaging, standards and products to connect more than 11,000 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardised financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies.
SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 26 offices worldwide. SWIFT has a unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged.
The Network Operations department is responsible for delivering and maintaining SWIFT's operational network infrastructure against agreed targets for availability while continuously deploying new features triggered by customer, security, scalability or technological demands.
What if you are Interested?
Would you like to start your career as a Network Engineer? Or do you already have some experience as a Network Engineer and would like to continue your career in an environment with a high focus on availability? Then apply now! We are looking forward to hearing from you!