The Junior BI Developer takes a key responsibility for the report delivery & maintenance of standardized MI within MS Amlin. Maintenance & delivery will take place in close cooperation with the Report Requirement team within the Business MI function to jointly agree on requirements & design as well as the MS Amlin IT function to ensure alignment with overall IT architecture.
The client is an insurer operating in the Lloyd's, UK, Continental Europe and Bermudian markets. Specialising in providing insurance cover to commercial enterprises and reinsurance protection to other insurance companies around the world.
You will be required to:
- Contribute to development of the BI vision across the company
- Contribute to design & deliver uniform reporting framework (strategic, legislative, tactical & operational)
- Proactively initiate & support ad hoc MI / BI analyses & report prototyping.
In Addition you will be involved with the following:
1. Report design & build. Responsible for actively participating in the reporting
requirement process. Take end responsibility for the implementation of reports
assigned. Ensure implementation takes place in line within the clients Data Definitions
and Data architecture guidelines.
2. Data Integration. Contribute to the design & implementation of an efficient and
effective data integration landscape to facilitate long term, medium term and ad-hoc
3. BAU Report delivery. Responsible for the timely day-to-day delivery of
standardised reports within area of expertise / area of oversight (sub-team).
4. Initiate or contribute to new BI initiatives / programs, play an active role in
identifying or initiating BI initiatives. Actively contribute to successful delivery of new
BI initiatives in close cooperation with relevant stakeholders.
5. Participate when needed in developing BI Strategy & Planning.
Actively contribute to develop the BI strategy and contribute to its
implementation / maintenance. Contribute to broadcasting a uniform message
towards stakeholders to manage stakeholders' expectations.
4. The Operating Environment and Context of the Job
Key challenges moving forward (in 2019 / 2020) will be:
o Implementation Microsoft Power BI
o Integration of data landscape.
o Contribute to building the standardized MS Amlin reporting framework.
o Implementation of IFRS17
- Proven pragmatism and delivery track record
- Collaboration Working together to achieve a goal.
- Hands-on A "doer" as well as a thinker.
- Creates detailed insight in as well the "what" as the "how".
- Is able to deliver output under pressured time constraints
- Ensuring work is completed and deadlines are met.
- Paying attention to detail, quality, clarity and accuracy; ensuring standards are met.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Works across teams to align needs & priorities to serve one common reporting strategy
without losing eye for potential local operational reporting needs.
- Service & Delivery Focused Ensuring work is completed to time and to a consistent quality standard.
- Keeps customers informed on progress & changes.
- Insurance industry knowledge Basic understanding of Insurance Business.
- Inparticular related to reporting & analytics (internal, external and regulatory).
- Growth potential to develop your skills
- Good salary package with secondary benefits