Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47countries and about 45,000 staff.Job Description
The position holder is responsible for providing IT Support to IT Systems Users, be it on the phone or physically present, in their respective IT region (Belgium and Netherlands). The engineer will work together with the Field Support Team to resolve on-site and off-site solutions incidents and to fullfil requests raised from the organisation. The engineer will work from the main location in Breda and travel to Eurofins locations throughout the Netherlands and Belgium to provide support on locations. The engineer will work with IT teams across the Globe, responsible for back-end systems such as servers and networking. Therefore strong verbal and written English is a requirement.
The main focus of this position is customer satisfaction. A service oriented attitude, excellent verbal and written skills and a high focus on the quality of work is required. The Engineer is flexible to work under all circumstances and has an understanding for urgencies and conflicting priorities.
- Provide adequate IT support remotely and on-site (customer facing) to IT Systems Users;
- Taking ownership of IT issues and working with IT Teams across the globe to resolve these issues;
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops in accordance with company procedures;
- Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time;
- Responding to and resolving of issues withing the agreed time limits (SLA's);
- Responsible for the correct registration in OTRS (ticketing system) of all incidents, service requests and changes;
- Undertake small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the IT Management;
- Escalate IT Issues to the IT Management where necessary;
- Adherence and adoption of IT Corporate Standards;
- Improve users satisfaction by indentifying improvements to any kind of systems, policies, processes and work instructions.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team with a courteous and professional attitude;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Good listening skills; problem-solving and the ability to handle multiple projects/clients at once in a fast-paced environment;
- Must have the technical aptitude to learn, apply and solve technological solutions and/or challenges;
- Flexible to work under all circumstances;
- Must be willing to spend the time necessary to achieve and maintain a high level of technical proficiency;
- High focus on the quality of work
- Must have experience working with PC based hardware, software and basic networking components;
- A relevant educational background in IT;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role;
- Excellent communication skills and excellent in English and Dutch, verbally and in writing;
- Pro-active, service oriented mindset and a strong focus on the quality of work;
- Flexible and willing to work outside of core business hours when required;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Follow and improve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Valid drivers license required.