The Business Partner is responsible for business partnering activities for a sub-region of Europe. The purpose of the role is to establish a trusted relationship linkage between the European business and business technology teams as a pre-requisite for efficient communications and business partnering.
Engaging with this trusted network, the Business Partner is accountable for providing relevant insights on business needs and strategy to the BT leadership and providing visibility to the relevant sub-region of Europe business on BT strategy and operating model. This will be achieved through efficient communications and working collaboratively with the business stakeholders, Business Partnering community and business technology teams providing a broad overview on different perspectives and priorities (representing both the business and Business Technology). Interacting on a daily basis with senior leaders and managers within the region (operations and support services), the Business Partner ensures the demand for IT solutions and services is properly captured, qualified and prioritized within region. This is to allow the BT and business teams to focus on projects providing most added value to Page Group business in region. The Business Partner also provides feedback to Business Technology leadership team on the quality of IT services provided in Europe and is used as an escalation point towards IT senior management when needed.
Business Engagement/Relationship Management
- Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship at senior business leadership level (Managing Directors) in region.
- Participates in key European regional/country boards and governance, representing Business Technology.
- Manages the day to day engagement with the business on strategic and tactical matters impacting the provision and change of the services provided.
- Understands the business technology operating model/strategy/roadmap and ensure these are promoted and well understood by the organization.
- Ensures business stakeholders understand and use efficiently the defined engagement mechanisms with Business Technology teams in the context of changes and incident management.
- Ensures stakeholders expectations are understood and managed and identify and resolve disconnects through negotiations or governance mechanisms.
- Maintains a clear and understandable plan of Business Technology actions which impact the region / area.
- Follows up on active projects and participates in steering committees related to projects specific to the region representing or supporting the business attendee(s).
- Ensures business needs are addressed by the process change and/or the technical solution.
- Provides IT service updates to the business.
- Provides feedback and escalation to IT Management on the quality of IT services provided to the region.
- Captures (and consolidates) regional demand for new Technological Solutions and Services at an early stage.
- Supports the prioritization of business changes in the region working with the Director of Business Partnering/DMO/Functional BP's, in accordance with the agreed demand management process.
- Captures high level requirements and business needs in order to properly scope projects or dimensions of new IT services.
- Facilitates prioritization of business demand within the region.
- Anticipates proactively business needs, providing input to the Functional Senior Business Partners.
- Collaborates with the Functional Senior Business Partner on pre-project activities transforming a business request into an approved project.
Delivery and Operations
- Is involved in and represents the regional business in regional steering committees of strategic projects.
- Ensures full alignment between business technology teams and business stakeholders for project delivery.
- Works as part of a wider Business Technology team for the delivery of IT projects and services.
- Is an escalation point at business technology leadership level for the region, working in accordance with the defined operational processes (e.g. incident management). The Business Partner also acts as a "safety valve", providing a communications and escalation route where processes are not proving effective for the business.
- Provides high level IT projects and services updates to the senior business stakeholders.
- Feeds back and escalates to the Business Technology leadership team on the quality of IT services.
- Works collaboratively with the BT leadership team to develop clear and concise communications with respect to incidents, problems and change management.
- Supports projects, acting as Lead Business Partner where required to provide insights and support project delivery.
This position requires travelling (up to 20% of the time).
- Bachelor of Science or Business
- A minimum of 5 years Customer facing experience supporting technological projects in a B2B environment as a Business Relationship Manager, Key Account Manager, Senior Consultant.
- Experience of successfully implementing medium/large IT projects.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Project Manager of IT applications projects.
- Experience in the consultancy sector or recruitment sector is a plus.
- Customer focussed.
- Passion for business partnering.
- Stakeholder management and consulting skills, effective at engaging and building strong relationships with senior stakeholders and others and establishing trusted networks.
- Approachable with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A clear communication style, good listener, with capacity to value and discuss different viewpoints.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills along with diplomacy.
- Capacity to get things done within a matrix environment / influence on non-direct reports.
- Highly resilient to workload and pressure, capable to take on board negative feedback.
- Self-confident and able to challenge conventional thinking.
- Solution oriented with a curiosity to understand why things happen, the processes and peoples behaviour.
- Mature, pragmatic and consistent in approach and style.
- Tolerant of ambiguity.
- Ability to work remotely and in a multicultural team.
- Collaborates well with others.
- Proficiency level in English and 1 other European language: the right candidate should have the capability to run end-users interviews, participate to meetings with senior stakeholders, and write high quality documentation in both languages.
- Very good understanding of business processes.
- CRM/ERP knowledge.
- Business process analysis.
- Business analysis.
- Proficiency in another local language is required depending on the region.
Salary is dependent on profile and experience.
€ 70.000,00 - € 75.000,00 /jaar