You are responsible for all accounting, finance operations and control activities for the entities within EMEA. You will report to the Senior Manager - Regional Financial Controller EMEA and work in a team of approx. 8 people (mostly based in Hoofddorp, NL) as well as with our external accounting service providers (located in France, UK, Russia, South Africa, Poland and The Netherlands) and your colleagues in other regions. You will be offered the opportunity to lead and manage initiatives and projects, within and outside your own group. You will also be indirectly managing the day-to-day operations of the GL accountant.
In this role you will join our CFO's group. This group consists of four teams: Finance, Procurement, Tax and Facilities. Together we support the operational and strategic decision-making process and provide insight into how the company performs and develops; we manage all financial matters for the company globally and run a value-added procurement function; the team helps to win business through tax and financial deal support in contract negotiations; additionally, we provide modern facilities to ensure you can do our job in an inspiring and energizing work environment.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing 1 GL-accountant operationally and further guide this person in his/her performance.
- Management of the EMEA entities (including but not limited to accounting, statutory reporting and corporate compliance deliverables).
- Provide reports to your Manager about the financial accounting, reporting and control framework of all entities within EMEA based on local GAAP and IFRS from a group reporting perspective.
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with Sales Representatives with the organization, external auditors, external tax advisors, banks, external law firms and the external shareholders of the organization.
- Process the financial impact of ad hoc transactional processes initiated by the CFO or following the sales activities of the organization, which includes reviewing legal transaction documents, corporate resolutions, financial reporting, PPA related reporting and revenue recognition issues.
- Together with your Manager monitor and safeguard deadline work streams of all entities within EMEA.
- Lead the process of month, half year and year-end close processes.
- Manage the process of the statutory financial statements deadline for all entities in EMEA in accordance with Dutch GAAP, which include the statutory audit of Irdeto B.V. with external auditors.
- Manage the preparation of Corporate Income Tax calculations for the Dutch entities together with the Head of Global Tax.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the other Financial Control teams in AMER and APAC.
What we hope you will bring:
- An obtained University Economics degree in Accounting & Control or HEAO AC / BE.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ work experience in Audit, Accounting, Trust or in a similar role in an international working environment.
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP and consolidated accounting policies.
- Characteristics: team player, self-starter, flexible attitude, independent, trustworthy, client-oriented.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (both written and spoken).
Why join Irdeto?
We are on a mission! A mission to secure the world’s digital platforms. Why? Because a secure platform allows our clients to produce and deliver great content. In return, you can enjoy the latest blockbuster movies and your favorite live events at all times. It doesn’t stop at the media industry. Our security technology is also securing connected transport and IoT applications. We are innovative, international and a great place to work.
What do we offer you?
At Irdeto, we know that it is the people who make our company a success. We encourage personal and professional growth and success among our globally diverse workforce by offering:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Career and personal development opportunities
- Flexible working spaces in state of the art offices
- A focus on collaboration, creativity, health and happiness
- Working for a truly global company with offices in 15+ countries
With nearly 50 successful years of business innovation behind us, Irdeto is a solid company to join. We are looking for people who are energetic, dynamic and driven to be part of our community.
For additional information regarding this role please contact Rick Westland at email@example.com or 0624875457.