Internship - Event Management
What is the Blue Tulip Awards?
The Blue Tulip Awards is a year-round program with multiple events that aims to connect innovators and to drive innovation together. This year-round program will ultimately culminate in the finals at the Accenture Innovation Summit. The Blue Tulip Awards team consists of a Central Team and 8 Theme Teams. The Central Team interns are responsible for program management, partnerships, event management and marketing & communications. The theme interns are responsible for defining the theme strategy and executing the theme specific tasks, such as innovation scouting and guiding the theme’s jury process. Together you will work towards one goal: the biggest innovation program of the Netherlands. Within the whole Blue Tulip Awards team, you are given the freedom to pursue a variety projects.
During your internship, you will develop and gain the abilities needed to fulfill the position of assistant event manager. Being in contact with different stakeholders will be key, and you will be able to influence the communication and information processes. Your job responsibilities will vary from event- and project planning to concept development, and tasks such as production preparations, programming, and leading a team will be a central aspect of the internship. Also, you will be fully responsible for one of the side events and you will get the full responsibility of other projects.
Within the Central Team you will work on the overall organization of the Blue Tulip Awards. Under the supervision of the event manager, you will execute events from A to Z together with your events team. This includes jury events, Scale Up Academies, Class of 2020, semifinals, quarterfinals and the finals at the Accenture Innovation Summit. In addition to the Blue Tulip Awards program, you will also support and contribute largely to the organization of the Junior Innovation Challenge and the Accenture Innovation Summit.
Are you looking for a challenging event management internship, do you have a ‘hands-on mentality’, and are you flexible, stress-resistant and self-reliant? But most importantly, are you excited to play a key role in the organization of the yearly Accenture Innovation Summit and its many side events? Then we are looking for you!
Education:HBO (end phase) or WO (end phase of Bachelor or Master)
Language: Comfortable with working in Dutch and/or English
- Experience within a large international consultancy firm, in which you can build a broad network consisting of Accenture's employees, partners, and clients
- A work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will get a lot of responsibility
- The opportunity to be part of a young and vivid team of ambitious interns and leads
- Responsibility for the organization of the Blue Tulip Awards program, in which you get to know the world's best innovative start-ups and companies
- Partial responsibility for the organization of the Accenture Innovation Summit, which is one of the biggest innovation events in the Netherlands
- Supervision by a team of experienced consultants and the ability to learn about the project approach of Accenture
- The possibility to execute a graduation assignment or thesis, with access to the knowledge and expertise of Accenture
- A fair compensation and a laptop
Period:Preferably 6 months or longer
Hours a week: 32-40 hours
Location: Amsterdam, Gustav Mahlerplein 90
Start date: December 2019 or January 2020
We are looking forward to meeting you. Apply directly online through the button ‘Apply’. For more information about this vacancy or if you would like to discuss which role is most suitable for you, you can connect with Wieke Agricola, email@example.com.