Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The companys products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
During the internship, you will be part of the international Commercial Finance team. The prime focus of this role is to provide reporting and analytical support to the Sales and Marketing organization. You will be involved in the development and improvement of the reporting tools together with the Business Intelligence and IT teams. Additionally, you will work on increasing the visibility and utilization of the Business Intelligence Tools owned by Commercial Finance team and you will improve the standard reporting templates. As part of the month end close activities in this position you will get an opportunity to assist the team in collaboration with European and Global FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) team of Avery Dennison.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Support the monthly and quarterly reporting and analysis to ensure business owners get timely and accurate insights on their financial performance.
- Prepare ad hoc internal reporting, sales analysis, update the performance reports models and create various analyses, and provide other associated support to the commercial teams.
- Establish and build upon strong, cohesive working relationships between Finance and Sales & Marketing, IT and Business Intelligence teams.
- Support on the Rebates' process of the Graphics & Reflective business
- Support on the business controlling of the Reflective business
We are looking for candidates who should be following a Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Accounting or any relatedstudy.
Additionally we are looking for candidates who are highly motivated and creative thinkers. Also we expect you to have:
- Strong analytical skills with attention to the detail.
- Follow tasks through to ensure quality and productivity standards are met at all times.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and general user of Microsoft Suite (Word/PowerPoint etc).
- Google Documents knowledge, advantageous.
- Fluency in English is a must, knowledge of other languages strong benefit.
- Previous experience with complex data analysis is a benefit.
The preferred start date is negotiable, we aim for a start aroundJuly, 15th2019 and the ideal candidate is available for 5 days a week and for6 months.
410 euros per month compensation on full time basis.
Commuting allowance (if applicable)
Wide range of learning opportunities
- Team-oriented and highly international environment
Important: Only applications in English by current students will be considered!