Alarm.com, a fast growth entrepreneurial technology company, is seeking an ambitious and self-directed individual with proven customer support and operations experience to join our International team in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The International Technical Support Associate will be a service minded and reliable team member to create and manage the technical support help for our international channel partners. The International Technical Support Associate is responsible for satisfying our channel partner's needs for quick, thorough and reliable responses to a broad variety of service requests, ranging from product information, pricing, contracts updates, logistics status, requests for marketing support, and more.
The primary job responsibilities will include:
- Providing exceptional remote technical support for our authorized dealers, distributors, and customers in Latin America and Brazil, using various means to troubleshoot technical concerns and research possible solutions.
- Documenting and registering calls taken including encountered issues, resolutions, and follow-up required using the company's web-based support system.
- Delivering a great customer experience by using internal resources and documentation for our products and services.
- Assisting with pre-sales tech support for new product releases in coordination with the Sales Engineering team and technical account managers.
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
- 1+ years of work experience in technical support, sales or technology related positions.
- Background and strong desire to work for a technology company and quickly learn necessary technical skills to successfully perform daily duties
- Demonstrated passion for providing the highest-quality customer service
- Strong technical aptitude and computer skills (e.g., Web-based applications, Mobile applications, Excel, Word)
- Ability to communicate with customers via email and phone in a clear and professional manner
- A self-starter who is able to operate independently and is customer service oriented
- Must possess the ability and commitment to meet deadlines even during high volume periods
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in multiple technical mediums simultaneously while remaining attentive to customer and their concern
- Self-motivated and disciplined individual that has experience working independently
- Flexible working hours that can accommodate support needs for local business hours
- Bachelor's Degree is a plus
- Must live in Netherlands
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat.
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we're innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We're seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you ("Personal Information"). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.