The international tax manager will work from the Nidec Europe office at the WTC Almere, report directly to the Tax Director Europe and will have a primary responsibility and accountability for all tax aspects of the Nidec operations in Europe (EMEA region).
Nidec is the world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. Nidec is a global enterprise comprised of over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. We are a leading manufacturer of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance motors, and controls. Our product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping us comfortable in our homes to pumping clean water to making our cars more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. At Nidec, our employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As we move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
- Support our operations and tax, legal teams with day-to-day questions (this can be in the area of CIT, VAT, or WHT).
- Review and monitor our regional tax positions.
- Review tax returns and provide feedback input to the regional tax lead on potential optimizations.
- Research tax issues, legislative developments and evaluate potential impact.
- Support in M&A and the post-merger integrations.
- Support on tax audits in the region. and our tax policy efforts.
- Contribute to tax awareness and activities within the Nidec group of companies.
- Overview of EMEA tax compliance.
- Review of the quarterly / annual income tax provisions and involved in determining the tax consequences of purchase accounting.
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience in an international tax role (BIG4 and/or international environment)
- University degree in Tax law / Tax economics, Preference for Dutch Tax law.
- Fluent English (Other languages a big plus).
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
Working at Nidec means that you will contribute to the improvement and growth of our organization in which post-merger and integration is essential. All this together with your colleagues who continuously challenge themselves and others to be number one. We seek colleagues with a challenger mindset, concrete plans and who take their responsibilities and demonstrate their own ideas. We stimulate your independence and encourage talent development.
€ 80.000,00 - € 90.000,00 /jaar