As International Accounting Manager EMEA you will work from the Europe office and will have a primary responsibility and accountability for accounting aspects of the company's operations in Europe (EMEA region).
The company is the world's leading comprehensive motor manufacturer handling "everything that spins and moves", miniature to gigantic. The global enterprise comprises over 300 subsidiaries/affiliates. They are the leading manufacture of commercial motors, industrial motors, appliance of motors, and controls. The product line features a full line of high efficiency motors for industrial applications in water treatment, minning, oil and gas, and power generation, and for commercial applications such as pool and spa, condensers, cooling towers and large refrigeration units.
From keeping comfortable in your home to pumping clean water to making your car more safe, electric motors are an indispensable part of our daily lives. Their employees are on the forefront of developing new motor technologies. As they move deeper into the age of robotics, the impact of motors will only increase.
With over 140.000 employees stationed worldwide, the company continues to be an unique organization and each location maintains its individual personality. It is a Japanese listed company, focusing on strengthening and enhancing risk management and compliance.
For the continuous growing organization, they are seeking candidates to expand the accounting department of the EMEA Head Office. The accounting department in Europe is working closely with the accounting departments in Kyoto, Japan and St. Louis, USA. Currently, the company contains of both the holding organization for more than 90 legal entities facilitating treasury activities and the sales company in the Netherlands.
The International Accounting Manager EMEA will work from the Europe office, report directly to the Accounting, General Admin and HR Director Europe and will have a primary responsibility and accountability for accounting aspects of the company's operations in Europe (EMEA region).
- Building extensive (system tool) accounting and consolidation reporting knowledge to spread out in the European region
- Assist the Japanese head office with regional issues in the periodical closing and reporting process
- On a project basis support where requested subsidiaries with knowledge and experience in the acquisition process
- Hands on and proactive assistance of post-merger integration (PMI) of acquisitions from an accounting point of view in the region including Purchase price allocation, opening balance and training/assisting regional staff.
- Address and account for the impact of group restructuring like mergers and liquidations in the accounting and reporting process
- Supporting in the preparation of accurate and timely periodical financial reporting in accordance with the corporate requirements
- Coordinate with treasury team and accounting team the correct handling and accounting of financial instruments including forex swap, hedging (except for cashpooling) and providing knowledge, guidance and assistance to the regional subsidiaries
- Providing subject matter expertise in the region relating to accounting issues and IFRS guidance (on changes) like revenue recognition, leasing, financial instruments and business combinations
- Facilitating the sharing of best practice of accounting in the region by providing training etc.
- Assist with the development of policies (from an accounting perspective) as needed by the business to support growth, business change, and/or "continuous improvement" initiatives
- Overview of EMEA audit/accounting compliance
- Currently, the EMEA organization consist of more than 90 legal entities with various degrees of complexity. We are building a center of expertise in Europe to facilitate the EMEA regional corporate accounting, treasury accounting and PMI.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in an international audit role (BIG5 and/or international environment)
- University degree in accounting/economics and either CPA or in the end phase of the education of becoming a CPA
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- Fluent English (Other languages a big plus)
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Strong project management skills
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Willing to travel (mainly in Europe)
Working at this company means that you will contribute to the improvement and growth of our organization in which post-merger and integration is essential. All this together with your colleagues who continuously challenge themselves and others to be number one. We seek colleagues with a challenger mindset, concrete plans and who take their responsibilities and demonstrate their own ideas. We stimulate your independence and encourage talent development.