For our client ECHEMI we are now recruiting exclusively an International Account Manager who will be operating from the Netherlands (The Hague/Rotterdam). The role requires some international travel (Europe and China) and is a full-time position.
We seek at least 3+ years of similar sales experience (account management, business development) in the chemical industry. You ideally understand the food additives and fine chemicals world.
Found in 2007, Echemi Group is a global group of companies providing chemical supply chain services, chemicals information services and chemical production. With its rapidly growing business, Echemi is now expanding its business in Europe. For Echemi in the Netherlands, we are now exclusively recruiting for a new:
International Account Manager - Chemicals
- Full time: 40 hours
- Location: The Hague/Rotterdam
In this newly created position, as a true entrepreneur you will be setting up new business and building long-term customer partnerships on behalf of ECHEMI within the Europe, mainly with focus on the countries Netherlands, Germany, Spain and Italy. The company offers a wide range of chemical products and your focus at the start will be mainly on the fine chemicals and food additives portfolio. As an experienced sales professional in the chemical field, your responsibilities include:
- Managing your assigned territory and accounts
- Building and sustaining long-term customer partnerships
- Uncovering & developing solutions suited to customers' needs/opportunities
- Maintaining up-to-date information on customers (contacts, competition, products)
- Engaging actively in sales communication, calling and client visits
- Displaying effective interpersonal & communication skills (internal/external)
- Collecting marketing intelligence on trends in the market, competition and making plans of improving the sales activities
To be successful in this position, you must be a true self-starter with strong organizational and commercial skills who takes joy in a new challenge. You take ownership and accountability in what you do. Next to that you have:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree obtained. Ideally your field of studying is in Chemistry, Fine chemical and Food science.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position (with a company in chemical production or distribution)
- Knowledge of food additives and applications are strongly desired
- Communication and active listening skills next to strong consultative selling skills
- Problem-solving and negotiations competencies
- Fluency in Dutch and English. Other European languages are advantageous.
- Open to international travelling - both in Europe and China
Our client offers market-conform primary and secondary benefits.