The Internal Control Manager is part of the Finance team, consisting of the Business Control team, Holding Accounting Team, Accounting and Reporting Team and specialists for Tax and Treasury. These teams and colleagues reports to the Group Finance Director.
Accell Group is an international group in the middle and higher segments of the markets for bicycles and bicycle parts and accessories. The company is market leader in Europe. Accell Group is also Europe's market leader in electric bikes. The company's portfolio includes strong national brands and leading international (sports) brands that together provide a complete and complementary range of products for all cycling-related needs. The best known brands are Batavus, Sparta, Koga, Loeki, Ghost, Haibike, Winora, Raleigh, Diamondback, Lapierre, Tunturi, Atala, Redline and XLC. Accell Group is a listed company on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
Accell Group has around 3,100 employees in 18 countries, with its own support facilities for the assembly and spray painting of bicycles in six countries. In 2017, Accell Group sold a total of 1.3 million bicycles in more than 70 countries. The group booked a total turnover of around € 1,1 billion. The head office of the Accell Group is situated in Heerenveen, The Netherlands.
- Owner of the internal control framework (ICF);
- Continuously evaluate and improve the framework and control the framework at group and operating company level;
- Helps Accell companies worldwide to meet the ICF and carrying out local audits; review of management testing to secure compliance to ICF;
- ICF embed in new to develop Group ERP system;
- Maintaining good relationships with the local teams of the Accell companies;
- Ensuring follow-up and proposes solutions and improvements to the design of the systems or processes used;
- Possible to be assigned to take part in organization-wide projects.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. Below are the required skills for the successful candidate.
- Master degree in Accountancy / Finance / Business Economics;
- 7 - 10 years of increasing responsible audit and business experience in a similar or larger international organization;
- End to end process affinity;
- Hands on mentality but easy to switch between strategy (developing ICF) and operation (checking management tests);
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills, both written and verbal;
- Analytical thinking: strong in problem analysis and judgement, great learning ability;
- Result-oriented: focus on 'getting things done', able to plan own work and set priorities. Adapts quickly by recognizing changing conditions and proposes pragmatic solutions;
- Energetic, outgoing and inspirational team player with excellent interpersonal and communicative skills;
- Travelling is explicitly part of the job (25% - 40%).
Accell Group has the ambition to become market leader in the "mid- and high" end of the E-bike market in a consumer centric and socially responsible way. With more than 20 operating subsidiaries and over 3,100 enthusiastic colleagues worldwide you get the chance to combine a passion for your profession with international exposure and career development opportunities. In this role there are possibilities to transfer to business control, FD operating company, Internal Audit. Of course, we offer a competitive remuneration package. The role gives the possibility to work with our businesses in the US, Asia and many countries within Europe.