Wat doe je als Internal Communication Advisor bij TenneT?
Every day you get energy from content creation, building stories and delivering messages creatively. You like to put people in the spotlight. Are you going to surprise us with your enthusiastic personality and with your fresh view on internal branding and communications? Storytelling is in your blood. You know better than anyone how to use communication to strengthen internal engagement and brand TenneT as a valued company.
This is what you are going to do
Engaging employees with our purpose, promise and principles in mind is essential in the next years where TenneT is growing and positioning itself as an international TSO and a great place to work with true impact on society.
You are a natural sense maker as you have an excellent feeling for which internal and external topics are relevant. You select and prioritise them and make stories that take care that TenneT employees are well informed about the relevant developments within and outside TenneT. This makes you an essential link in the field of internal engagement and the external environment.
You will become an important sparring partner for the Board and managers in the field of strategy and culture to bring messages across and connecting people within the organisation. The recent organisational change programme is a top priority and you support the Board and managers in their ambition to progress in inspiring and informative communication with employees.
In this exciting role you will develop and deliver on internal communication topics and campaigns related to our four strategic pillars. You will drive excellent communication to inform and engage internal staff in the context of the TenneT brand story. You will have the unique opportunity to set out the messaging and content strategy.
You will develop innovative change communication approaches, and work within a highly performing Employee Engagement Team within the Communications Department. You will develop, deliver, evaluate and report on stories and campaigns which improve engagement and alignment on the strategy and development of the company in both the Netherlands and Germany. Think of realising an internal communication strategy for the various programmes, realising an integral communication calendar and actively collecting and creatively writing content. You know how to make optimal use of our communication channels.
You have inspiring ideas and know how to reach every target group. You are good at translating a message to all layers of the different target groups and know exactly which channels to use. You quickly switch between themes, target group and resources and know how to achieve the optimal result. You give advice on the development and deployment of communication tools appropriate to the organisational strategy. You like to climb into the pen yourself and make sure that the created content is in line with the corporate communication policy. Furthermore, you are a sparring partner for the Board and the senior leadership team on internal communication matters.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage and monitor the successful delivery of communications to support the internal communication strategy.
- Developing the messaging and content strategy including development of different online and offline communication means.
- Ensure the consistent and accurate delivery of key change communication with defined internal and external audiences.
- Storytelling: telling stories, with a human dimension and a clear face, with the look from the outside in.
- Developing communication plans around themes and projects with a 'campaign' approach that integrates media communication, internal and external communication via intranet, websites and social media.
- Image communication: chosen to make image at least as important as text.
- Evaluate internal communication activity, gathering insight and constantly looking at ways to improve engagement
- Open and accessible to internal and external stakeholders like direct communication colleagues, senior management and external suppliers.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- A completed HBO or WO study programme in the field of communication and/or journalism.
- You must have at least 15 years' relevant work experience in a similar role.
- You have a creative mind and know how to surprise the organisation every time with your smooth writing style.
- Fluent Dutch and good English (common knowledge of German is a must).
- Language mistakes are a thorn in your side.
- You show initiative, are pro-active and enthusiastic.
- You can smoothen the communication for employee engagement and make it a success.
- You are happy to travel to Bayreuth (Germany) ones in a while and actively seek contact with the Dutch and German colleagues from the unit People and Communication department
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible function within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (Cao TSO job level 9) with excellent secondary benefits as well as good training and development possibilities. Duty station for this function is Arnhem. At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening.
For questions on this position you can contact Ursela Schennink (Head of Communications) at 06-518 2033
Waar kom je te werken?
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 5,000 employees, 23,500 kilometres of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT has grown fast in the past few years and therefore started in 2019 a multiyear transformation programme including the development of a new strategy and a brand new purpose, promise and principles. The recently established unit Public Affairs & Communications includes our Communication department with four focus areas: Corporate & Business, Employee Engagement, Digital & Online and Media Relations. The Employee Engagement Team is looking for an Internal Communication Advisor.