Are you hungry for a challenge, highly motivated, able to work at a fast pace, target driven, flexible and quick to adapt to any situation? Do you have a real passion for Sales and Technology?
Are you studying a technological or commercially focused degree and pride yourself on your technological knowledge then this could be a great opportunity to explore your future career in a company that will train and develop your skill set.
As an Sales Engineer you are able to listen to customer requirements, align these with technical solutions and translate these solutions to partners.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. They share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything they do.
Equinix is looking for you to join our dynamic and growing team as an Intern – Sales Engineering, and we will provide you the tools to start a successful career. You will be technically minded and driven with good business insight and will work closely with the Corporate Sales team to assist clients requirements.
Do you think you have what it takes to join this dynamic team?
- Technical Consulting and Sales Support
- Identifies customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements and maps to Equinix solutions
- Utilizes understanding of Equinix products and services to deliver pitch on Equinix solutions
- Analyzes situations and data on problems of moderate scope
- Provides support for small to mid-size customer meetings and tours Solution Design and Deliverables
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate solution
- Supports RFI/P/Q preparation as requested by Sales Representatives
- Develops all deliverables for the customer with oversight from Sales Engineering Management and/or peers Customer Service
- Communicates with customers (internal and external) in a professional, friendly and effective manner, both verbally and in writing
- Supports pre-sales efforts for all company products and services
- Provides good technical support in sales presentations, customer meetings and trade shows Business and Market Expertise
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of Equinix data center, Network, and Cloud products and services
- Assists sales teams in efforts to earn new business and maintain existing customer relationships
- Collaborates with internal teams (CSM, OM, IM, Ops, etc.) to ensure smooth project transition from pre-sales to post-sales
- Active participant in cultivating positive culture on the team
- Demonstrates basic presentation skills Team Leadership
- Provides feedback on various business opportunities and issues
- Customer facing experience in related industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or IT preferred
- Technical sales support and experience desirable
- Experience working on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Ability to exercise discernment within our Equinix guidelines in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining the right solutions for our clients
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues, thorough knowledge of company products, all potential applications and associated technologies
- You'll be collaborating with other departments and with our prospective and current customers so effective interpersonal skills are required
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.