Our client is in the process of centralizing the finance activities. Part of the finance activities is the preparation of VAT and Intrastat returns.
Large commercial financial institution
The activities will consist of:
- Extracting general ledger related data for the preparation of the VAT and Intrastat return for NL, GE and UK;
- Perform analysis in order to explain movements in output and input VAT amounts over time;
- Perform activities according to the checklist for the VAT and Intrastat return preparation. These activities consist for instance of taking samples to ensure that transactions are appropriately included in the VAT return;
- Follow up questions raised by Group Tax, external advisors and tax authorities with regard to VAT and Intrastat.
Although the ideal candidate has experience with both VAT and CIT Accounting, the biggest need is on the VAT side. Furthermore:
- Knowledge on Intrastat and VAT declarations
- Analytical, accuracy and communication skills (oral and writing) in English
- Ability to work with ERP systems (preferably SAP and Smartstream) and Excel
- Master or Bachelor degree in Accounting or Taxation
6 month fulltime assignment, starting ASAP