A new and challenging role as Information Security Officer within a fast growing global company with the opportunity to set up IT Security on a global scale.
VTTI is a fast-growing independent provider of energy storage worldwide. They are founded in 2006 and currently offer 9.2 million m3 of combined storage capacity across 5 continents, which will rise to over 10 million m3 in the near future as new projects come on line. VTTI benefits from strong relationships with their stakeholders and this helps them to continue rapid growth as an independent global terminal operator.
Information Security is an important and strategic topic within VTTI and there is a strong need to take Information Security to the next level. In order to do this we are, on behalf of VTTI, recruiting for an Information Security Officer for the HQ's in Rotterdam.
In this position as Information Security Officer you will help the global business of VTTI forward by empowering them to perform the tank terminal business activities in an adaptive and secure way. You will advise and work together with the software development and IT Infrastructure teams to guarantee information & cyber security is well embedded in the people, processes, and systems. You are also advising and collaborating with the technical department who are responsible for the terminal control systems.
The Information Security Officer is responsible for establishing an IT Security roadmap based on industry standards and security frameworks, implementing and governing the security processes and systems as well as training and educating employees. You will be responsible for preventing and detecting unauthorized access to their systems and responding to information & cyber security breaches.
In this new role within the team it is important that you are a self-starter who is able to shape the role, its responsibilities and seeks collaboration with other teams.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Engage and advise senior management on IT security measures and awareness
- Design an IT Security roadmap based on industry standard controls
- Design an IT Security Governance model
- Analyze IT specifications to assess and advise on security risks
- Serve as a security expert and design and conduct (automated) companywide security awareness training
- Ensure vulnerabilities are managed by directing periodic vulnerability scans
- Design and implement safety measures and data recovery plans
- Monitor and detect vulnerable network activities to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams
- Act on privacy breaches and malware threats
- Draft policies and guidelines
- BSc/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent/ academic work level supplemented with a training in the management of information security
- 3 years of experience in information security related duties
- Experience includes computer and network infrastructure, operating systems, application software, regulatory compliance, and risk management
- You are proactive, and a strong discussion partner at all levels within the organization
- You excel in an environment that is characterized by dynamics, rapid changes and continuous improvements
- You are aware of what is going on around information security and can translate these developments into the consequences for our organization
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. CIS Control Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
- Fluent in writing and speaking English language is essential for this position
- Ability to work under pressure
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and meeting critical deadlines
- Energetic and customer focused attitude
- Good team player, also in geographically dispersed team
- High level of personal integrity
- Intercultural sensitivity
A new and challenging role as Information Security Officer within a fast growing global company with the opportunity to set up IT Security on a global scale. This in combination with a full comprehensive salary package (including bonus).