Wat doe je als Information Security Advisor (1 FTE, Arnhem) bij TenneT?
As the Information Security Officer, you report functional to the Lead Information Security Officer and in the line to the manager of the Information Management Office department.
Your primary focus will be on:
- Interpreting and where needed documenting security policy at departmental level;
- Translating policy into actionable information protection requirements
- Managing security assurance over internal and external service providers;
- Managing security awareness and training; and
- Managing security related communication and documentation.
For some of these topics you will play the leading role, defining and continually improving the way in which the activity is carried out, defining and planning what will be done in coming year, ensuring that those plans bare the intended fruits, and reporting over the progress made.
You will play a role in supporting the execution of both the topics you lead and topics led by your (ISO) colleagues in the tactical team. You will work in close coordination with the other members of the tactical team and act as backup for them as and where needed. This means that you will become well versed in all aspects of tactical information security management.
Execution of tactical security management involves a great deal of interaction with security managers and security subject matter experts at operational level. It also involves interaction process management and service managers and with the management to which they report. As such, you will play a vital link between the tactical team and the operational security organization.
While primary responsibility for coordination with other parts of TenneT lies with the LISO, you will also coordinate directly with your counterparts in other parts of the TenneT organization in relation to the subjects that you lead.
Wat verwachten we van jou?
- A successful university or college degree in the field of IT security, information technology, electrical engineering, business information technology or similar fields;
- Multiple years of relevant professional experience in the field of information security, including solid experience in at least two of the above mentioned focus areas. More is preferable;
- A sound understanding of information security management and information security risk management and related standards and frameworks, established through professional training and evidenced via relevant certifications (e.g. CISM, CISSP).
- A good working knowledge of service management processes according to ITIL and the ways that these are implemented in complex, multi-party IT service delivery chains;
- A good understanding of security assurance and related mechanisms and standards. Direct IT-audit experience is preferable;
- Sound functional management and consulting skills, including strong organizational sensitivity, the ability to motivate, persuade and steer based on expertise rather than direct authority, and the ability to build strong relationships with (IT and business) stakeholders at all levels and in all areas;
- The ability to structure and steer in combination with a hands-on can-do mentality;
- Takes responsibility, is accountable and results driven, with proven problem-solving skills and the ability to identify, analyse, and resolve problems, driving solutions through to completion;
- Excellent command of the English language both verbally and in writing. The same in German and/or Dutch is a big advantage.
- Willingness to travel to different TenneT locations in Germany and the Netherlands
Wat kun je verwachten?
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary with good secondary benefits. Last but not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
You will receive a salary with excellent secundary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Salarisindication: Scale 8, €3.175,- - €6.517,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- Minimal 39 vacation days;
- year end payment (6% of gross year salary);
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- flexible working hours and working at home is possible;
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs an AIVD screening.
Waar kom je te werken?
Tennet is Europe's first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 22,000 kilometres of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety & Security are core values of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
Within TenneT responsibility for IT is centralize with the ITF department. This organization, that includes 300+ professionals, supports the optimal automation and continuity of business process for the entire organization. This is done through a mix of in-house IT-services and services provided by external service providers. However they are sourced, the management team of ITF remains accountable for the proper provisioning and quality of those services. Information security is a crucial aspect.
In order to ensure security across the service delivery value chain, ITF has implemented a tactical Information Security Management System (tactical-ISMS). This is part of a wider strategic-ISMS that is implemented across TenneT, and the basis for our ISO-27001 certification. The tactical-ISMS is driven by a small, highly-skilled, tactical security management team, headed by a lead information security officer, and also including information security officer, risk management and security architect roles.
ITF is current looking for an Information Security Advisor to strengthen this team.
Information Security Advisor
(1 FTE, Arnhem)