Vispero is looking for an
Industrial Designer / Mechanical Engineer
Barendrecht | Industrial Designer | Bachelor | Medical devices| Product Development
Your New Role
Engineering - Product development – Industrial Design - Mechanical Design. We are seeking an experienced Industrial Designer, who likes to bring ideas into production. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by creating our next product portfolio. You will be responsible for developing new concepts and bringing them to mass production. In this position, you will report to the Director of Hardware Engineering.
- Work with product management to formulate product and user requirements, and translate them into new concepts and ideas.
- Develop concepts and quickly create prototypes to assess and evaluate alternatives.
- Work on concepts throughout the complete development phase, from sketching, creating technical drawings, prototyping up to release for production.
- Provide support during product introduction at contract manufacturers in Asia.
- Work closely with 3rd party development partners in Europe, US and/or Asia.
- Report progress of activities to Project Manager.
- Proactively research emerging technologies to create new opportunities.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- A bachelor degree in Industrial Design Engineering or similar (specialization in medical product development is preferred).
- At least 5 years’ experience as an industrial designer.
- Capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Dutch and other languages are beneficial).
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Being capable of delivering under pressure and work with shifting priorities.
- Outstanding visualization and 3D modeling skills (Solidworks, keyshot, adobe creative suite).
- Interested in conceptual as well as executing tasks and not afraid to complete hands-on tasks.
- Deep knowledge of product development for consumer propositions.
Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec and The Paciello Group. All of the Visperobrands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please send your job application in English including your earliest start date via our Application form
NB: agency calls are not appreciated.
Keywords: Industrial Design, Product Developer, Product Development, Mechanical Design, 3D modeling skills, Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite