HSE Advisor (contractor)
Location: Waalwijk or Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Vermilion has an excellent opportunity for an HSE Advisor based either in Amsterdam or Waalwijk, The Netherlands. In this role the candidate will support the HSE Manager regarding compliance with Corporate HSE Policy, HSE rules and regulations, industry standards and the company’s goals and objectives in the Netherlands.
Being a member of the NBU HSE team, the HSE Advisor will support development, implementation, improvement and administration of HSE programs. He/she will support ensuring the required quality level of HSE programs for operations and production staff. He/she is able to be delegate for the HSE Manager during his absence.
- HSE: Maintain a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible workplace
- Planning, implementation, administration and follow-up of actions of safety and environment programs, in particular for operations/projects/production in the assigned region, but incidentally for the other region/specific projects as well.
- Review, interpret and advice management on complex safety problems.
- Planning, scheduling and arranging own activities in accomplishing objectives.
- Mature professional judgment in planning and performing assignments.
- HSE support regarding modifications and maintenance of existing installations.
- Environmental compliance/reporting/support.
- Support on development/improvement of HSE management system processes.
- Organization, participation and reporting of assigned internal and contractor HSE audits and inspections.
- Taking place in the emergency response organization (including coordination, when required).
- Organization, participation and reporting of assigned incident/near-miss investigations.
- Liaising with Operations/Maintenance/Engineering/Well Services/Drilling on required training programs and follow-up.
- Review of and advise on contractor/project HSE documentation.
- Support to HSE campaigns, HSE Induction, HSE culture improvement programs, or other HSE related tasks as assigned by the HSE Manager.
- Participation in risk assessment meetings (including HAZIDs, HAZOPs, JSA’s), HSE worksite meetings, team meetings, project
- meetings, toolbox talks, NOGEPA workgroups (when required), etc.
Essential Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in an industrial (preferably oil & gas) environment, of which at least 8 years in the HSE discipline.
- Must be fluent in English; Dutch is an advantage
- Broad practical experience in several functions is beneficial.
- Good understanding of gas operations, and preferably also drilling and well services/workovers.
- Has participated in emergency response exercises.
- Experience with risk assessments, such as in HAZID’s, HAZOP’s, JSA’s.
- Experience with Management of Change (MOC) processes.
- Good experience with HSE/QA audits/inspections, including reporting.
- Experience with incident investigations and reporting.
- Understanding of Dutch oil and gas rules, regulations and compliance assurance principles.
- Understanding of the current energy climate in the Netherlands and the role of oil and gas operators in the energy transition process.
- Excellent analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills.
- Strong Communication Skills both written and verbal.
- The successful candidate holds a BSc or related degree in Safety, Environmental Management or Engineering.
- Must hold a valid VCA-VOL certificate.
- In addition, the candidate has preferably attended a number of role/subject related trainings/courses, such as HSE/QA auditing, incident investigation.
Attributes & Characteristics
- Results and solution oriented team player.
- Enthusiastic and able to deliver quality output independently and on time.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, preferably in English and Dutch.
- Good coach/influencer on the work floor.
- Flexible in terms of support/work hours.
- Amsterdam or Waalwijk based position, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
- Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
- 20-year history of market outperformance
- Ranked among the Best Workplaces in Canada, France , Germany and The Netherlands
- Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
For more information about Vermilion Energy, please visit our website at or go to our Vermilion Energy LinkedIn page. www.vermilionenergy.nl
To apply for the position, please send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org For more details, please call Sophia Ruiter on 0517 – 493 327.
Posting Close Date: December 7th, 2018