Our client is looking for an HR Operations Manager for their office in Amsterdam (location Amsterdam is the hub for many of our European businesses). Your main responsibility is to manage a small team, design and drive important improvements whilst ensuring the continuity and accuracy of HR administration and operations. At the same time, close cooperation with the HR Business Partners is crucial.
Our client is a multinational and is the leading global diversified building materials business in the world, with sales of 28bn euros in 2019, employing 79,200 people with more than 3,000 locations worldwide. Our client manufactures and supplies a range of integrated building materials, products and innovative solutions which can be found throughout the built environment, from major public infrastructure projects to commercial buildings and residential structures. Each day, millions of people around the world come into contact with our materials and products which help fulfill the basic human need of shelter and the infrastructure we need for our societies to thrive.
As a multinational and multicultural organization, our client recognise that our diverse and talented global workforce is critical to sustaining competitive advantage and long-term success. Our client wants to challenge all of their employees to reach their full potential and play their part in the success of our business. We place a strong focus on developing and empowering our employees to help ensure that we have the talent and capabilities we need now and in the future. We also strive to provide an attractive, rewarding and stimulating modern work environment that will engage and inspire our employees to meet the ever evolving standards and expectations of our customers.
This is an interesting time to join our client as you can be part of the ongoing development of the HR Operations function. As such, we are looking for a resilient, entrepreneurial and experienced HR professional who is able to create and drive excellence.
- Manage and coach team of 2-3 people;
- Responsible and accountable for the improvement, implementation and management of the HR operations (including payroll) activities, processes and policies;
- Provide day to day advice and guidance to line managers and HR Business partners on a wide range of HR and employment law topics throughout the full employee lifecycle;
- Work together with external relations/vendors with regard to various topics like system integration, insurances, sickness management, shadow payroll etc.;
- Manage various personnel related processes (e.g. for the inflow, transfer and outflow of employees);
- Look after the sickness management cycle and WGA own risk (liaise with insurance companies, brokers, UWV and ARBO Company and work together with the HR Business Partners);
- Pro-actively anticipate on law change, assess whether it is applicable to the company and follow up on adjusting processes, templates, manuals, etc.
- Work together with other departments such as Finance and Accounting, Global Mobility, Reward, HRIS team, IT, Internal Audit, Legal and Procurement, and be the linking -pin between your department and these departments.
- Preferable Master / MBA degree related to HR complemented with 6 to 8 years of experience in HR Operations and general HR roles such as HR Officer in an international organization;
- Process driven: strong in understanding and improving processes in HR Operations and Payroll;
- Experience with AFAS Profit is a plus;
- Experience as a leader and facilitator in change management and performance management;
- Experience with cross border complexities
- Ability to look at things from different perspective;
- A positive 'can do' attitude, excellent charismatic communication skills complimented by a passion for people and HR;
- Multi-cultural sensitivity and adaptability whilst operating in a complex environment;
- A people oriented person who is able to manage difficult stakeholders and manage a team well;
- Solid understanding of general HR knowledge and Dutch labour law;
- Business fluent in Dutch & English;
- Ideally programme and/or project management experience.
Our client offers an international workplace with a lot of opportunities, freedom and flexibility. As such, self - starters who enjoy working in a challenging environment and who can play a role in shaping our future are encouraged to join the company. We take care of our employees and therefore offer a generous total rewards package, a diverse and inclusive culture and professional development opportunities.